PDA

View Full Version : Just dashed out of seminar :-(

orangeblossom
27-10-08, 18:30
I have literally just dashed out of a seminar - one that I was really, really looking forward to - and run back home panicking. Eh, the same old shaking, hyperventilating, finding it really hard to actually type(!) and the nausea etc etc.... it is just horrible. I am sick and tired of it, genuinely starting to really get at me today. I have managed to do a couple of really great things over the last few months, and then it all goes to pot. I know I ought to concentrate on what I have managed to achieve, but when the panic really, really hits when you are somewhere you were really looking forward to - almost as a treat for how well I had been doing - bang! all gone! panic panic panic.... :emot-fail::emot-fail::emot-fail::emot-crying::emot-crying::emot-crying: All I can do is sit here sobbing

Burnsey
27-10-08, 18:46
please dont be upset

do u know what iv found happens to me? - u know when your really looking forward to going somewere or doing something and then get exited - bam panic attack and anxiety central
i think us anxiety sufferers produce too much adrenaline even when we should be coz we exited or looking forward to something, unfortunatly it has a negative effect on us

hope u ok

Burnsey x

orangeblossom
27-10-08, 18:50
Thanks Burnsey... that actually makes a lot of sense - I hadn't thought about it like that before. Damn anxiety! Why it has to ruin so much I really don't know - especially when I try so very, very hard to get out there and do things to help myself. Times like this I just want to crawl under my duvet and stay there... I hate them. I know they will improve but it is just extremely hard.

Burnsey
27-10-08, 18:55
I know how u feel when im like that i just want to get in bed and sleep and then hope its gone when i wake up again. I had panic attack last week in work for no reason then i feel like im not really there and its only today 4 days later the nervous feelings have started to go and i can be bothered doing things again. Always when iv got a night out planned or something to look forward to, that bloody adrenaline comes and ruins it for me.
A few times iv told the boss in work i felt sick and went home and even if it was 1pm i would get in bed and sleep, but thats not possible for ever, so we have to find ways to deal with it - im still trying its so hard
xxx

orangeblossom
27-10-08, 19:03
Yes, that is just it. I know exactly what mean. I always retreat to my safe place - my bed - when I get horribly anxious, with my laptop / books or something to try and relax and forget what happened and wait until the next day when, hopefully, I'd feel better.

There is something in the next morning... for some reason, it usually feels quite promising...

Yes, it is hard, horribly, horribly hard... but we will slowly find ways of dealing with it - you going to work is fantastic! I'm studying at the moment, but will need a part-time job soon enough to help make ends meet! I need to be less anxious so I can at least deal with it enough to work... :-/

Burnsey
27-10-08, 19:17
i think working or studying - keeping busy makes it better even tho it feels like a struggle to us sometimes, sometimes i just want to burst into tears and run away but then reality sets in and we need to pay the bills and build a future for ourselves and not let anxiety beat us. I get paraniod when boyf / friends dont understand what im going thro - my mums the best she was like us when she was in her twenties she still suffers now but older and wiser and helps me cope. glad iv found this site too.
do u take any medication?

x

orangeblossom
27-10-08, 19:28
Yes, that's true... keeping busy makes a big difference to me too. Anything to take my mind off the anxiety sometimes! It is ridiculous - now that the worst of the panic attack seems to be over, I've a horrid headache and feel exhausted! Grrr!

I'm glad to hear your Mum doesn't suffer from them so much as she used to when she was younger... apparently the twenties are some of the worst years for dealing with anxiety. Well, that is what I read somewhere anyway, no idea if it is true or not!

Yes, I take propranolol for my anxiety, and it definitely makes a difference... I think I took it a bit too late today, and I also spent the entire day feeling very, very anxious which didn't help all that much!

Do you take anything?