PDA

View Full Version : For those with a fear of dying. Maybe a trigger?

xBettyBoopx
27-10-08, 19:39
I would like to share something with you.

My mum had a fear of dying & a fear of cancer.

On May 28th 2005, my mum was taken into hospital with an abscess on her bowel. Mum passed away on 7th August. She was in the hospital a little over 10 weeks. The reason why I am telling you this is because mum never once looked scared or frightened. I even think she knew that she wouldn't be coming out. Why I am telling you is because all those years she had spent fearing death, when she was actually experiencing it, she wasn't afraid at all. I think when the time comes we are given a peace that is beyond human thinking.

I was so grateful that mum was at some sort of peace with the situation. She had watched all her family (her mum, dad, sister & brother) die & she was petrified from around her mid 40's. So mum spent many many years fearing it & when it came to it, she was peaceful.

I'm sure that I haven't put this right & if anyone is offended I apologize but I am trying to get over to you that the fear of dying is just that. When it comes to it, there is no fear. Having seen first hand my mum fear death so much for 30 years, then have so much peace weeks before it even happened, I felt that I needed to share that with you. If it helps just one person, then at least telling mums story would have not been in vain.

If admins think that this post isn't approriate, then please feel free to delete it.

Els
xxx

Karen
27-10-08, 20:00
Hi Elspeth

I am not at all offended by your post and I am glad your mum was at peace when she died.

I think for many people it is often the way they might die that is frightening but that's just my opinion.

Personally I have no fear of dying at all. If I were told tomorrow that I had some fatal illness I would neither be upset or afraid. I am probably in the minority but that's just the way I am.

I hope you have some peace knowing your mum felt the way she did :hugs:

Karen xx

kazzie
27-10-08, 21:51
That is so comforting Elspeth thanks for sharing:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs: