PDA

View Full Version : Help ?

zara
27-10-08, 20:38
Hi Everyone,
Im new to this website so if I posted in the wrong section Im sorry. Ive suffer from IBS & agrophobia. Ive had this for 2 years & I feel Im getting better but Ive messed up with my medication and its all gone wrong. Im only on a low dose of Esctiopram 5mg daily and didnt want to go back to my gp to get off them. I cut them in half and after 2 weeks the horrible panicky symtoms returned. I spoke to my pharmacist who advised me to go back to the 5mgs but I still feel panicky and sureal is this normal?
Ive tried so hard to get back to normality but feel like Im floundering,even driving feels weird and I feel like Im waiting for someting bad to happen is this just me or has this happened to you?

Patty
28-10-08, 01:32
Hi Zara,:)

I found that when I was coming of medication (effexor) it was very difficult. I think that it lasted about a couple of weeks.

I can understand what you mean when you say:

'Ive tried so hard to get back to normality but feel like Im floundering,even driving feels weird and I feel like Im waiting for someting bad to happen'

I feel like this when I'm anxious & stressed. It can be so frustrating when you want it to go away but it still seems to be there. I think that sometimes we can put too much pressure on ourselves to feel better which can then lead to more anxiety in itself.

I hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

Veronica H
28-10-08, 08:59
:welcome: to NMP Zara.

Veronica