PDA

View Full Version : Wobbly Fluttery Heart

TracyL
27-10-08, 23:48
Hi everyone

Havn't posted for a little while but something happened this morning and I just wanted to share it :blush: .

I suffer badly with the missed, fluttering weird beats but this morning my heart seemed to go totally out of whack. It like started of as an extra beat but then beat really fast or actually it felt like it was just fluttering for several beats. I thought my god its not going to go back to normal. I reckon all in all it did it for say only a few seconds but felt like minutes. It actually scared me to death nearly. I thought oh now its just fluttering and feels weird. I am trying not to panic as then i know i'll get heaps more and the whole circle will start again :scared15: .

I just wondered if anyone else gets these weird beats? not just the missed/ extra ones but the ones where your heart goes weird and its hard to explain what its doing.

Thanks guys

Tracy

debera
28-10-08, 00:40
hi tracy
yes i have had the same thing as you where your heart goes totaly out of rythmn for a few seconds and your right it does seem like it last for minutes. its really scarey i know. i get the ectopics and the missed beats and flutters too. and like you i try not to panic if i do it will get worse. but it sure is hard not to. have went to the docs about it and it is all down to anxiety. when it does happen if feels like you are going to die for sure. i hope this helps. feel free to pm me if you like
love debera
x x x :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

TracyL
28-10-08, 03:22
Hi Debera

Thank you so much for your reply, its so fantastic to talk to people that understand. It makes a world of difference when you know that other people have experienced the same thing (not that I wish this thing on any of us).

Thanks once again

xx Tracy

Mikke
28-10-08, 04:20
Happened to me a few days ago oo..
Started with a skipped beat, then my heart rate was unstable for five minutes or so.
It's just adrenaline-like substances in the blood :)

LeeBee
28-10-08, 07:33
Aren't they horrible? I sometimes get a run of ectopics and palpitations. I've started getting them in the middle of my dance class, which is very disturbing. But then again, I was running around all weekend with dogs and children (not mine :)), and didn't feel any at all. So it's probably just adrenaline and cortisol, as Mikke says, which I probably get released when concentrating and performing in dance, but not when I'm just relaxed and messing around. Sigh. They are so disturbing. I know the feeling :hugs:.

Missy69
28-10-08, 10:22
Hi Tracy,
So glad you have put this post in. I have not had these bleeding things for over two months now, but because i have not had them, i stupidly started to think about them, they have been on my mind for over two weeks now, low and behold yesterday tea time, they came back worse than ever. Well i think they were worse or maybe i had just not felt them for a while i was just more frightened. But my problem has been trying to describe them, you have described them exactly right. So yes i have them, they are horrid, but i have to say they do subside very quickly for me when im not frightened of them anymore, just seem to have been obsessed with them lately, i think thats what brought them on for me.
As you said "i dont like to think others suffer with them " but it is reassuring that people understand.
Again, thanks for your post and help x

belle
28-10-08, 10:35
Hey,
I had those wobbly feelings combined with really hard thumps, racing, slowing right down, then massive pauses...constantly for FOUR days. 3 trips to the emergency doctor to have ECG's, blood tests, i finially called an ambulance after i could cope with it anymore, i was feeling exhausted.
Nothing was diagnosed, they lost my ECG traces.

Just remember they are harmless. That is what i keep in my mind everytime i feel it happening.

joolee
28-10-08, 11:43
i get them to babe try not to worry to much about them i know its hard but they feed of us worriers lol
xxxxxx

debera
28-10-08, 14:31
hi joolee
i havent chated with you in a while. how have you been?
love debera
x x:hugs: :hugs:

Sacha
28-10-08, 14:45
Hi Tracy,

Yes, I have had this before. It used to just happen to me very slightly, just a ort of feeling like my heart was skipping a beat and it felt a bit fuzzy and I would cough and it would go away. But, about a month ago it happened and how ever much I coughed it wouldn't go and I started to panic because my heart beat was getting faster, my hands were going numb and I was so scared cause I felt that I had no control over it and that I was having a heart attack. I called the paramedics and they did some tests on me and said that it was all normal. I learnt a few weeks later that this happens due to stress and is not harmful and doesn't mean that you have a heart problem. Hope you feel better soon, and that you don't have another of those experinces.

Take care,

Sacha

watty
28-10-08, 15:27
Hi Tracy
Yep I get these too from time to time. Mine tend to last from just a couple of minutes to about an hour! I get ectopic beats really often, usually no more than 10 or so a minute, but these episodes you describe are really scary and make me cough a lot. I just try to relax and calm down and eventually they go. I went to hospital once but they'd calmed down by the time I seen someone, so I don't bother any more. Wish I knew what caused them.

Take care and don't worry

TracyL
29-10-08, 03:09
Hi Guys

Thanks to everyone for your replies, you are all fantastic. I feel alot better after posting here.

Everyone take care, we're all in this together.

Keep smiling
luv Tracy

Dthomas2301
29-10-08, 22:11
Hi to Everyone,
Thankfully I’ve stumbled onto a part of the Web that i hope will bring me some comfort. And hopefully there are many kind people out there than can help put my topsy turvy world back into some kind of order. I have a long and frequent history of anxiety. With two episodes of atrial fibrillation, about 10 years ago.

Like most people here, I think I’m having quite frequent ectopic beats. It began about 10 days ago, and crops up during the day and night. Some days are relatively good with just a few episodes, and then there are other days when it with me many times during the day and night. The strange thing is, that they are far more apparent when I’m lying down on my side. I get a short flutter, just above my stomach/diaphragm followed by a 'pop' on the next pulse. It feels almost like one beat on top of another. It eases off if I’m lying on my back. It is also aggravated by eating.

Like a lot of people, I’d like to have some kind of reassurance. My GP just listened to my heart for a few seconds, found nothing, and told me to come back next week. Not exactly reassuring.
I'd love to hear from other's who like me, live life on what feels like a nervous roller coaster.

Many Thanks
Derek

Cathy V
30-10-08, 00:04
Hi Derek, like all of the people on this thread your weird heart symptoms are 'normal' in as much as they are reacting to adrenaline. Sometimes you can feel it after eating because this involves the Vagus Nerve...know it? if you dont it starts at the base of the brain and runs down as far as your groin, but it loops around the heart on its way, and also runs through the stomach. So sometimes after you have eaten this huge nerve can be aggravated and the aggravation can be also felt in the heart, as either a flutter or missed beats.

I also get them more when i lay down, particularly on the left side, and this is also 'normal'. I have had these flutters and missed beats for most of my adult life and im now 55. Still having the tests, and latest one was in june and normal results as per usual.

Hope this helps a little..xxx :)