PDA

View Full Version : Bad few days

MVP123
28-10-08, 09:38
Hi all,

Have just come back from having a few days in Devon and I honestly thought that being away with a change of scenery and everything would do me good. However the whole time I was there I was still feeling ill and fearful, and I am actually glad to be home. However since I woke up this morning the pressure is back in my head, my ears are full and ringing, and my head feels so heavy it feels like it may fall off!!!! I can't cope with this anxiety rubbish anymore. Does anybody else worry that once you have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, each time you go to the doctors with a new symptom they just put it down to the anxiety and not bother to investigate properly. This is something I am really worried about now. I think I am going to go to the Docs with an actual physical illness, but they will miss the early signs of something serious cause I have anxiety disorder!

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I could take to help my head go back to normal, i just feel like pulling my hair out, and I have been rubbing my forehead so much that I have actually rubbed off some of the skin, any advice please????

bumbles
28-10-08, 09:44
Yes I worried like this all the time. Not any more though I think there are certain things they can see that tells them its anxiety but they should rule out all other things first. Well done for going on your holiday I just cancelled mine and lost all my money cause I could not face going with the anxiety. So pat yourself on the back Well done for trying.:yesyes:

bumbles
28-10-08, 09:45
Also are you on anything andd Try CBT its good

Robbs
28-10-08, 10:33
Hi all,

Have just come back from having a few days in Devon and I honestly thought that being away with a change of scenery and everything would do me good. However the whole time I was there I was still feeling ill and fearful, and I am actually glad to be home. However since I woke up this morning the pressure is back in my head, my ears are full and ringing, and my head feels so heavy it feels like it may fall off!!!! I can't cope with this anxiety rubbish anymore. Does anybody else worry that once you have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, each time you go to the doctors with a new symptom they just put it down to the anxiety and not bother to investigate properly. This is something I am really worried about now. I think I am going to go to the Docs with an actual physical illness, but they will miss the early signs of something serious cause I have anxiety disorder!

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I could take to help my head go back to normal, i just feel like pulling my hair out, and I have been rubbing my forehead so much that I have actually rubbed off some of the skin, any advice please????

doctors are fully trained in many ways to spot things and although they do miss things it is very rare in comparison to how many doc's see however many patients everyday, what you dont realise is that doctors probably see more worried well people everyday than they do see actually ill people which is why you feel they may fob you off quickly they get so much of it its not personal, although i feel some doctors could be a little more sympathetic.

if you are physicly ill (with whatever you think you may have, and with us anxiety sufferers its normally something pretty serious lol)) you will be really ill and a doctor can spot the difference easily, just as a couple of examples - i've been to the doctors concerned with appendicitus many times and at the time im genuinely scared and it hurts but if i actually had appendicitus i would've been in total agony (its just IBS), lots of anxious people get scared of brain tumors and although headaches etc from anxiety can be bad they are nothing compared to the symptoms of a real brain tumor, the pain from angina or an actual heart attack is excruciating and chest pains from anxiety are nothing in comparison, in reality the pains we feel are not that bad its just our fear of it that makes it feel about 10 times worse, doctors can spot this sort of thing in a flash.

and to give you an example that you can probably relate to more, how many times have you said you have the flu or know someone who says they have flu when you infact only have a cold, as real flu is soooooo much worse than a cold and puts you on your back for a couple of weeks, its that same difference between anxiety symptoms and actual serious physical illness sypmtoms.

remember doctors have to train for 5-7 years before they become fully qualified they KNOW what they're on about !!!!!!!

hope you feel better soon i've been in your shoes many times and i know its not a nice place to be :yesyes: .