PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing in the ears! Whats that about?

josiepickle
08-06-05, 16:44
Hi guys,
Hope you are all well.
I've been back at work a week and all is OK I think.
One small problem I have though is over the last dew says I've become really conscious of a buzzing in my ears.
You know the sound when you've been out in a loud bar or seen a band in concert then you get in bed and the noise in your ears sort of carries on.
I can feel myself starting to panic about this because of course I am managing to make it into something serious to worry about, plus it is just very unpleasant.
Its not as bad when I'm busy but it is def there.
I saw my kind of therapist lady today who is working on getting me CBT and I mentioned it to her, she said she did'nt think it was anything serious and that a lot of people complain of this and it just goes as quick as it comes. I want to believe that. Everything else I've ever worried about has turned out OK so why should'nt this?
Has anyone else had this kind of sensation. Oh blimey just thought is it high blood pressure?
Gonna go for kwik drive to pick hubby up and have a chat to take my mind off of it.
Thanks for listening.
jo xx

tattybear
08-06-05, 20:28
Hi

I also have this - Its tinutis and is harmless, anxiety can make it worse.

Tatty B xx

seh1980
08-06-05, 20:54
I have had this in the past. I'm not sure if it is related to anxiety but know that it is harmless..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

carlin
08-06-05, 20:54
Hi there,
so happy you are doing so well, keep at it....as for the buzzing, i believe this to be a common symtom of anxiety, or maybe you have a cold starting, or something just as harmless, unfortunately, our minds always go to the worst senario, i can assure you it is not high blood pressure, there are normally no symptoms when you have hypertension (only in severe cases) and i promise buzzing in the ears is not one of them, take care, enjoy your work and keep in touch.