PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Speed

skibba
08-06-05, 16:48
In the last six months i have suffererd panic attacks when in cars that are moving fast. I find it hard to deal with motorways, im always eager to leave them. Whenever the car im in goes over 70mph I have the powerful feeling of losing control, and wanting to escape the situation.
I no longer hold a driving liscence myself and have only experienced this when Ive been a passenger. Does anyone else out there know what i'm talking about....

Skibba

florence
08-06-05, 18:23
Hi Skibba

Oh yes , I know what you're talking about...I have the same problem.
It's definitely not nice at all.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

nomorepanic
08-06-05, 19:10
I have this exactly as well. Meg once questioned me about being in cars, buses, taxis and trains and what, apart from the not being in control thing, did I hate about it.

Well I hate the feeling of speed so I avoid them all. I even have to stop my partner driving too fast at times cos I don't like the feeling.

I am off to Alton Towers next week and I will not be going on anything cos of this phobia.

Not sure there is a name for it but I know exactly how you feel so you are not alone.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Piglet
08-06-05, 20:36
My mum used to be a terrible passenger, especially with my dad driving, she'd smoke about 8 cigarettes at once on long holiday journeys cos she was so scared of the motorway and then turn round to me and wonder why I was feeling car sick.

I must admit I'm not terrribly keen myself and once made my ex use A roads on a journey south to north (took us about 3 weeks to get there - family had forgotten we were coming by that point).

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
08-06-05, 20:55
Anything above 50mph scares me, especially on the motorway. The only way to get over this is to practice. I avoid it but know that I will have to do it soon..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

mumof4
10-06-05, 13:47
im the same im always telling my partner to slow down i thought it was just me.

pips
11-06-05, 00:19
I do get frightened at times by it don't worry it's perfectly normal. You do feel out of control and it's horrid.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX