PDA

View Full Version : mouth ulcer

crunchie01
28-10-08, 13:55
hi everyone,

just wondered if mouth ulcers are a common problem?
i havent had a mouth ulcer for years but yesterday i got one, i dont know if its from poking my cheek with my tongue for past few days,which i have done a lot and just irritated my inside cheek? just wondered if they were common? before i start googling and convincing myself of all sorts

thank you:blush:

marie1974
28-10-08, 13:57
hi hun, my son gets them all the time, apparently u gottas keep away from sugar cos it feeds it and gargle salt water 3 times a day. dont worry yourself though matey xxxx

kendo59
28-10-08, 14:33
They are very common.

Gargle with warm salty water or TCP for a few days.

yanksforever
28-10-08, 18:26
when my anxiety started i got 2 on my lip in the same month and they lasted a month at least...they hurt so much, even water hurt them, i heard they are pretty common with ppl who have anxiety...

warm water and salt- gargle with it, just a pinch of salt though

LauraH
16-03-09, 16:56
Ive got a beauty on the side of my tongue and im finding it hard to talk (nightmare haha) and eat. Iv tried bongela but its rubbish..its been there for nearly 2 weeks and hasent budged. PLEASE HELP!!!

xfilme
16-03-09, 18:07
I have one on the underside of my tongue and one at the back at the moment. Used to always have about 6 in my mouth so it doesn't bother me when I get them.
Mine appeared after I went to the dentist and had my teeth routinely polished last thursday... he made a couple teeth a bit pointy and they jabbed my tongue and turned into ulcers. Make sure you brush your teeth well and they should disappear within a week x