PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm a new member and I want my life back!

antdee
28-10-08, 16:46
Hi, My brother died in a car accident 3 years ago, I think this is where my anxiety has stemmed from. I feel like I am turning into a crazy hypochondriac. I am forever thinking there is something wrong with me. I suffered my first panic attack about a 15 months ago now it was the most frightening thing I have ever experienced, I had quite a few on subsequent occasions after this, I went to the doctors and also in a state of panic I called NHS Direct. My doctor said that she thinks I had a panic attack and gave me some paperwork and advise of how to deal with them which I think to some extent I have, well I obviously have as touch wood I have not had a full blown attack for months, however sometimes I feel as if I am going to have one but I try to talk myself out of it as I know its in my head why I'm getting them! Anyway I now have bigger issues, I can't remember the exact timings but I always seem to think something is wrong I was getting bad headaches a while back so went to the doctors. The most recent I have is a swollen gland in my neck which has been there since May, I went to the doctors and they have given me blood tests which have all come back clear, I just wish it would go and not knowing what it is is driving me crazy. I am convinced I have throat cancer or something awful, I just can't get it out of my head I know I sound mad but its taking over my life. The only reason I can think that I have started to be like this is because my brother died and I somehow think I am going to die too.
If anyone has any advice/help I would much appreciate it.
Dee

crunchie01
28-10-08, 16:50
hi

i suffer from health anxiety too and mine seems to have started since i lost my grandma the most important person in my life last october it is awful thing to suffer from if you ever want to chat pm me.:bighug1:

yanksforever
28-10-08, 17:32
There is really nothing wrong with you, that's the key here. Even if there was, medicine has come a longgggg wayy since leeches sucking people's blood, lol. You'd be in good hands.

You're gonna be ok. Tomorrow is a new day and you must wake up and tell yourself "I'm healthy!", because you are!

titch
28-10-08, 19:27
Im so sorry to hear about the loss of a close family member..it must of been so hard...i too suffer from panic attacks and i constantly worry about ny health too hun...things do get better..pm me if u ever need a chat!xx:bighug1:

cazzamagui1
28-10-08, 20:48
i have this too where i constantly feel that something really bad is goin to happen to me,but i feel that the more i worry about apart of my body the sorse the symptoms are im sure loads on here agree,

its scary rite now but i promise u its does get easier im proff of tht take care xxxxxxx caz xxxxxx