PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing Severe Mood Swings

Archaeopteryx
28-10-08, 17:24
Okay,

It's been happening for quite a while, but it seems that I've failed to notice the real problem except today.

For some time (a month, maybe two), I've been experiencing strange mood swings. My emotions change all the time. Sometimes I'm in a state of "hypomania", energetic, hopeful, creative, having wonderful insights, confident, talking a lot, laughing a lot and feeling that I'm simply in love with my life!

Okay, I think I like this mood. I've never experienced it with that intensity in my life before. I know some things have changed forever in my life in the previous months. I've changed a lot, and I'm facing lots of challenges and I mean LOTS.

Anyway, this mood doesn't seem to last. Suddenly I just find myself on the other side feeling hopeless, helpless, lonely, crying, demotivated and extremely depressed. Sometimes I know the cause, a disappointment. But mostly the emotions just seem to "happen".

I feel really bad. I think my emotions are becoming completely void of meaning! I mean whatever I'm feeling right now, I know I can feel the opposite about the same thing in a minute.

I don't know what to do. I was depressed for some part of my life. I'm fairly familiar with the CBT techniques that got me out of their. But I don't know if its the same thing here.

:unsure:

Any ideas??

yanksforever
28-10-08, 17:39
I'm going through what you're going through, but I don't know if I'm as euphoric when I have my "good mood". Like you I have also had many changes in my life over the past year and more to come. I've also had health anxiety since June and thats basically what caused me to become sad and miserable. Today I'm having one of my better days...and I noticed I have a better day if I continuously distract myself during the bad ones and not dwell on it.

I think I'm slightly depressed...and I think you are too. You neeed to go back to your CBT techniques and perhaps learn new ones. You CAN control these mood swings.

Overall you must understand that as long as you try, things will get better, I promise. Think positive.

::HUGS::