PDA

View Full Version : IBS/Ovarian Cyst - help?

JodieT
28-10-08, 20:08
For the last few days have had a feeling of abdominal heaviness, left sided groin pain and a constant dull aching in my lower abdomen. Can't get comfortable in bed and pain is worse when I go to the toilet and afterwards. Have a history of proctitis but symptoms are different although I do feel windy! Have had a coil in for 5 years so wondering if this is causing problems. Starting to think of bowel cancer/ovarian cancer/cyst but as have phobia of doctors and hospitals I know I can't go to get it checked out! Can anyone reassure me. Thanks, Jodie xx

yanksforever
28-10-08, 20:28
I get that exact same thing before my period and trapped wind makes it worst...it's NOT CANCER.

Charlottie
28-10-08, 21:46
Could be a UTI or kidney infection which really needs to be seen by a doctor I'm afraid, they can get nasty pretty quickly if it's a kidney infection.

You could just be ovulating or have PMS, where in your cycle are you?

Robbs
28-10-08, 22:26
sounds exactly the same as the pains i get from IBS (started 9 years ago just after a friend of mine had appendicitus i freaked out for about 3 years and whenever i got it it would last for a week or so, then i stopped worring about it and the pain went away, i started freaking out about it a year ago and it came back really bad and would last a long time again, till one day i stopped, thought and got some perspective, i thought to myself no-one has appendicitus for 9 years lol, now whenever i get the pain it goes away after a couple of hours and when it doesnt it isnt anywhere near as bad cos im not scared of it anymore.

seriously though go to the doctors as none of us are qualified to give you an acurate diagnosis, if not for any reason but to put your mind at rest, cancers etc are so rare especially in the young, also most serious illnesses in that area of the body are likely to have you doubled over in pain not just uncomfortable.

jadeybags
29-10-08, 08:41
I made a post on here a couple of months ago about similar symptoms. Mine was on the left side too. It only ended up lasting about 3 weeks in the end. I think mine was a cyst that flares up now n then. I held off going to the doctors, because unlike the classic health anxiety sufferer, I have a fear of doctors, hospitals etc and would sooner be terrified and wait for it to go than see a doctor. The time before I had it was about 15 years ago! And they sent me for an ultrasound scan, but it had gone by the time I had the appointment.
xx

Cherbear
29-10-08, 16:06
You should go to the doctor hun, I know it's hard but it will set your mind at ease. It's very unlikely it's anything like cancer, I often have unexplained stomach aches and pains in my side, I have been diagnosed with IBS a few years ago so it could be an effect of that.

I hope you can get this seen to :hugs: xx