PDA

View Full Version : Have I Really Got Anxiety?

andrewjdavid2005
08-06-05, 19:10
Last year i had a argument with my dad and i got quite stressed out before that i felt fine and healthy etc but afew minutes after the argument i started feeling all funny like i was out of my body and the world felt weird i fet dizzy and really felt i felt real fear like i was going to faint or die and ever since then i havent felt the same this was ayear ago!

I went to the doctors lots of times and had 2 lots of blood tests done, an ECG, 2 urine tests and 2 stool samples but nothing came up on me!

The docs never told me what i actually had wrong with me or what they thought i might have they put me on cipralex and ive been on it ever since no ive changed docs but they dont say much either it makes things more confusing for me not knowing!

But most days i feel terrible and get loads of symptoms and it worries me but i did feel just as bad if not worse last year!

But i seem to get loads of symptoms all day everyday and i cant seem to do anything to get rid of it or calm it down!

I get around 20 symptoms, from feeling tired all the time and weak, ligtheaded, dizzy, fast and slow and weak pulse rate, headaches all the time, fear of dying and fear that im going to collapse difficulty falling and staying asleep and i worry alot about my health since ive had all this

If i went back to the docs requesting more blood tests would they still come back clear i wonder unless i have developed some kind of illness?

Advice Please!

kt
08-06-05, 19:25
Hi Andrew,
sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. Take a while to read the "Symptoms" on the home page, i'm sure you will be able to relate to many of them. I too have felt the feelings you are experincing when i was at my worse, still do occasionally. It really does sound like anxiety to me and if you have had tests from you Dr then try and be a little reassured by the positive results. There were 2 things that helped me the most in getting better and that was this web site and "Essential Help For Your Nerves" book by Dr Claire Weekes, it was my bible for a couple of years. If you don't already have a copy of this then consider buying one- it's well worth a tenner!! Please don't let this beat you, you can and will get through it! hugs, KT x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

nomorepanic
08-06-05, 20:00
Andrew

Can you just remind me whether you work or not atall?

If not then how do you spend your days?

The Claire Weekes books are an excellent investment so well worth getting one to read.

Try to be kind on yourself and treat yourself to some "me" time. Baths are excellent for this - a deep soak and relax.

I had all those symptoms for about 8 years in total - day in and out. I felt dreadful, couldn't function etc. but I had to carry on regardless or what else was there? You need to have a purpose as well - this seems to help.

Start a diary and write down your thoughts each day and how you really feel.

Have you had any CBT or getting any?

What about the No Panic telephone recovery course -that is really great and would give you something to look forward to each week.

Just some ideas anyway.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

andrewjdavid2005
08-06-05, 20:21
I dont work as my asthma has always been bad and i just couldnt cope with working!
I spend my days not doing much, i help my partner with her 3 kids and take them to school and other things etc, i spend time bathing and playing with my puppy dog!
But apart from that i dont do much which probably doesnt help at all!
But tomorrow and friday night i am going to bingo for the evening with my partners mum and dad something i dont really like but i feel if i go somewhere or do something it might help take my mind off it!

nomorepanic
08-06-05, 21:10
Asthma is very treatable nowadays - I have it. What about it stops you working. I sit at a desk all day so don't have to do anything that effects my asthma. I take it you are signed off sick then and get sickness benefits. Are they not treating it effectively - it should never stop you living a proper life.

Ok so maybe you do have more time to think about things cos you are at home all day with nothing much to occupy your mind.

Bet the puppy keeps you busy as well!

I love bingo - can be a fun night out so I hope you enjoy it. You may even win!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

stimpy
09-06-05, 02:09
Reading that list of symptoms - I'd say yes. You have anxiety.

Welcome to the club :D

I think it is great that your doctor sent you for so many tests.
At least it proves he was looking for something.

Try to keep busy. It will help take your mind off the symptoms.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

chucklehound
09-06-05, 09:15
After reading your symptoms I too think these are anxiety as I too used to get them a lot. This is definathely the right place to be if you want support because all of the people here are really nice.
Keep thinking positive. Feel free to pm me if you need any support. Thanks

c.jackson

Gareth
09-06-05, 09:49
Andrew,

Take our word for it. You have an anxiety disorder. You already know this deep down. The argument with your father sounds like a trigger for this. Anything can be a trigger, from something really identifiable like falling and banging your head, to years or stresses and strains that accumulate and one day just get too much.

The ONLY way you are going to help yourself to get better is to go through the steps of acceptance, and then healing. You must accept what is wrong with you, not expect it to go away (it will not go away without help from you), and then begin a DAILY PRACTICE of doing things that will help you. These are deep relaxation, exercise, etc. There are a lot of good books out there that can help you. PM me if you want me to share my recovery programme with you - it sounds like we have a lot of very similar symptoms.

be well,
Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

LisaD
10-06-05, 19:54
Hi Gareth,

I'd be interested to see your program since I know its working well for you. Could you please send it to me hun?

xxxLisa

PS. Slept through the whole night last night whoo hooo!