PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new today, brilliant site!

Gem Can't Switch Off
28-10-08, 22:23
Hi, I'm Gemma, 29, I've been suffering panic attacks since I was 15 but since last year I've developed a continuous daily worry that something is seriously wrong with me. So happy to have found this site as it's nice to know I'm not alone!

suzy-sue
28-10-08, 23:11
:welcome: hi gemma your not alone in your thoughs .You ll find lots of support here !suzy

swirledpeacat
28-10-08, 23:40
Hello Gem, welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find plenty of support here :-)

Gem Can't Switch Off
29-10-08, 08:21
thanks for the replies guys, there's so much on here I'm trying to read as much as I can! So much has comforted me, especially that this is a recognized condition, not just me!! Have you been suffering long??

andie73
29-10-08, 08:24
:welcome: Hi Gemma

Welcome to the site, you'll get lots of help here and make lots of friends.

Gem Can't Switch Off
29-10-08, 08:53
Ahh thank you, everyone seems to be so supportive, I woke up with a smile on my face today for once, so glad I found this site, putting 'health anxiety' in google was the best thing I've done in ages, rather than putting in my nerve/head symptoms and ending up with brain tumour/MS sites. I think I'll ban myself from google and come on here now!!! Can't wait to go into the chat rooms! xxx

belle
29-10-08, 08:56
Hi Gemma..and welcome :)

x

Rhubarb and custard
29-10-08, 15:50
Hi Gemma
I am a newbee here too:blush:
All the best
Richard

Loolabubble
29-10-08, 15:51
Hi Gem
I'm new to the site too, isnt it great! Im 28 and have been suffering panic attacks since I was a teenager. I have this week started medication for them and at the moment it is an uphill struggle but I know if I can get through the first couple of weeks then things will get better for me.
I look forward to chatting more - makes you feel so much better when you know people are feeling what you are feeling!

x

janeybaby25
29-10-08, 16:23
hi gem, welcome to nmp honey. xxxx

Gem Can't Switch Off
29-10-08, 16:39
Hi Janey, Richard, Belle- thanks again everyone for the welcomes!!

Loolabubble, thanks for the message, did your GP prescribe anti-depressants or something else?? I have been taking multi-vits and St Johns Wort since coming off the Anti-Ds but I feel worse than before now!! I don't think I can manage this anxiety without some help.

Look forward to chatting more to you all!
Gem xxx

pooh
29-10-08, 16:50
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

weeble40
29-10-08, 20:14
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Loolabubble
30-10-08, 16:11
Hi Janey, Richard, Belle- thanks again everyone for the welcomes!!

Loolabubble, thanks for the message, did your GP prescribe anti-depressants or something else?? I have been taking multi-vits and St Johns Wort since coming off the Anti-Ds but I feel worse than before now!! I don't think I can manage this anxiety without some help.

Look forward to chatting more to you all!
Gem xxx

Hi Gem

My GP prescribed the anti depressent Citalopram 20mg. What was you on before? They were thinking about putting me on propranolol beta blocker but thought this may lower my blood pressure and maybe not such a good idea for a young, otherwise healthy, girl.

This is the first time I have tried medication for my panic attacks. Up until recently they have been very manageable but I know I cannot do this without the help at the moment.

I hope you are feeling good today and look forward to chatting more :winks:

Loolabubble

x

bottleblond
30-10-08, 16:42
Hi Gem

Welcome aboard! :flowers:

Love Lisa
xxx

Cherbear
30-10-08, 17:10
Welcome hun, I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks so I know how you feel :hugs: am always here if you need a chat about things, just pm me:hugs: xx