PDA

View Full Version : Finding it hard to cope today...

swirledpeacat
28-10-08, 22:37
Hello there, I'm new to the site, well, joined yesterday, and wondered if someone could give me some help or advice as I am struggling with my anxiety today.

Basically I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for about the last year and a half, and over the last couple of months I have been suffering from health anxiety.

Anyway, this week I have been feeling really low, I have a constant sense of feeling out of it, I get chest pains and a horrid feeling of pressure within my head. Every time I feel a sensation within my body e.g pins and needles, muscle twitch, random pain, whatever, my head fills with negative thoughts of death, serious illness and the like. I know that thinking in this way isn't rational, but that little voice in the back of my mind keeps saying 'what if, what if...'

I thought I was able to cope with these feelings, but this week I just can't seem to cope, I don't know where to turn to or who I can speak to. I am 19 (at uni at the mo) and I just can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel out of this feeling, I don't know when it is going to end.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions of what I can do to help overcome these negative thoughts it would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the rambling.
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Dreamer029
29-10-08, 05:30
The pressure in the head. That's the very thing that has me up right now. I woke up with it and it hurt! I always think it's something bad, and it never is. Nice to know that I'm not alone with this symptom. Keep your head up, try to just take a breath and be realistic about the situation at hand. Ask yourself how bad the pain really is, and try to get through it.
:) laur

bumbles
29-10-08, 07:42
Are you getting any help with this or just trying to cope on your own cause being in Uni can be a lonely place. A year and a half is a long time to suffer and the longer its just left unchecked the more symtoms will appear. see someone get some help.