PDA

View Full Version : Using St.John Wart to get off Cipralex

A_Canadian
29-10-08, 01:52
Hi everyone,

I found this site while I was researching if anyone else has used St.John Wart to get off Cipralex, I was using Cirpralx to treat anxiety not depression. I spoke to my doctor and a herbal expert and they both said that I can use the St.John Wart to get off Cipralex, instead of tapering off the Cirparelx to use the St.John Wart instead. Now its been a week now and I cant describe to you how horrible I feel. I spoke to my doctor and told him that these symptoms im getting are NASTY I wouldent wish them on my worst enemy. He said to tough it out for the next week as it takes about 14 days for the cirpralex to get out of my system. As for now, my head hurts 24/7 .. im tired, actually very tired I wake up and im tired. I cant concentrate and im confused all the time and im pretty damn depressed now for no reason. Can anyone shed some light here I have no idea if my doctor was right about this. :shrug:
Any information would be really appreciated right now!

bumbles
29-10-08, 07:51
When I came off seroxat I cried all the time felt awful but it does go. Just trying to get on citalopram now as OCD and anxiety have come back and thats awful aswell. I think they are such strong drugs its sure to mess you up for a while.

bab
29-10-08, 19:22
i am on cipralex now but have experienc eof horrendous withdrawal from seroxat althought the drug itself was great - i took the supplement magnesium and that really helped x