PDA

View Full Version : Body shocks

andie73
29-10-08, 07:43
Hi

For the last couple of nights/early hours of the morning I have been experiencing what I can only describe as body shocks. It happens around my stomach area but I also get strange sensations in my upper arms. It is like a shudder, or shock, it hard to describe. It was really bothering me on Monday night into Tuesday, and I put it down to beiing off work and feeling isolated. I forced myself back to work yesterday following a bad panic episode on Monday which sent me running for home(first time in almost a year).

I was really shakey at work for ages on Tuesday as it was hard to go back in after my experiences on Monday. I took a quarter of a 2mg diazepam, which I never take normally, and tho I know it was a tiny amount, the shaking stopped( prob the placebo effect more than anything else). Anyway I was soooo pleased I went to work as I ended up feeling so much better. I had felt rigid with anx, but by the afternoon I felt much more at ease.

Well I woke up this morning after sleeping well, till 5 am with the body shock thing. I tried telling myself it was just rushes of adrenalin, and did breathing exercises. It did eventually calm down, but the tiniest intrusional negative thought brought the feeelings back. It was very hard to try to stay calm as I have only ever had these sensations a year ago when I was very very bad with anx. This has got me soooo scared that I am losing control again, I really can't cope with being like I was this time last year. As it's the same time of the year too, I am also scaring myself with thoughts that this is going to happen every year.

I am trying to be rational and tell myself that this is nothing to do with what time of year it is and that the shock feelings are just down to anx, and that I can stop it by thinking differently. It is soooo hard. Has anyone experienced this??? Do you think thart it is just adrenalin?? It only happens at night when I am trying to sleep. It almost feels like I have to get up and run round the room to wear myself out after the shock feeling, which suggests to me that it prob just is adrenaline.

bumbles
29-10-08, 08:09
Its horrid I get that ,its the adrenalin its really hard to think straight and talk yourself back down, dont attach danger to your symtoms they are distressing but not dangerous when you are not so anxious you will think a little clearer they are only thoughts they cant hurt you.