PDA

View Full Version : Natural disasters and anxiety

Mudskipper
29-10-08, 10:25
Does anyone else on here suffer from anxiety when exposed to reports on possible future disasters and occurrences? I've just about come to terms with my health anxiety which is something I think I just have to live with, with the help of meds, but every now and then something else comes along, totally unrelated to health but with potentially serious implications for me and my family and the whole world population.

Take last night for instance. I was sitting there chilling out and watching Autumn Watch on BBC2, and an item comes on about the declining bee population. Apparently, with bees being reponsible for the major part of the pollenation which takes place, this is potentially very bad news, yet nothing seems to be done about it. Ten or twenty years down the line we could all be starving for lack of pollenators. I'd been feeling markedly better lately but, having seen this, now I'm down in the dumps and about something which, unlike my HA, I have no control over whatsoever. So is it just me? Does everyone else hear this kind of stuff, shrug their shoulders and say 'What will be, will be'?

I honestly feel like it would have been so much better for me and everyone involved with me if I'd never been born in the first place...:shrug:

Tomimo
29-10-08, 20:50
I can sympathise as I am anxious about everything and recently I have started to worry about everything that is out of my control. I was totally freaked by the 'big bang experiment' thing - I think about things that I'm sure others don't worry about at all and I can't understand how everyone is so blase about life, mortality, etc as it freaks me out.

I do think my general anxiety has got worse even though I can deal with PAs better than before.

You are not alone and the world wouldn't be a better place without you.

Annie x