PDA

View Full Version : over sensitive

alexis
09-06-05, 01:38
hi, been accused of being over sensitive today.
Always cared about others more than me.
Tried to shrug it off but not very nice.
Does anybody else here feel over sensitive towards things.
Thanks Alexis, xx

Karen
09-06-05, 01:47
Hi Alexis

I'm the same and always worry about others more than myself. Even when I'm feeling terrible myself I would try to do more to help other people than I would to help myself.

I do think sometimes you need to learn to put yourself first for a change and not worry quite so much about what other people think. I know it isn't easy to do though.

Don't let what was said get you down though. It just shows what a caring and kind person you are to be so considerate to others.

Hope you are OK.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
09-06-05, 01:51
Thanks Karen, a strange few days. I cannot put myself first, never have and prob never will.
Hope you are OK karen.
Alexis

seh1980
09-06-05, 10:45
hi Alexis,

I tend to be oversensitive too. Like all people, I can be selfish at times but I do often put myself out for others even when I really don't want to. Not sure why.. But hey, there's nothing wrong with putting others first, is there? Surely that makes you a good person!!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Alton
09-06-05, 11:15
I always worry about other people more than myself. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you include yourself too and don't become a push over.
It would be selfish Just to think about your own problems but unhealthy to only think of others. A happy balance is what is needed and if you have that then you know you are healthy and the others who think you are oversensitive are just selfish.

pips
09-06-05, 13:29
Hi Alexis,

I myself am terribly over sensitive I posted a topic about it myself. [Link removed as post deleted]

Now I am trying to accept it's not a fault. You just try to please people and help others. Sometimes you have got to try and think of yourself first. I know it's hard and im still working on it!

Hope you are ok,

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

Piglet
09-06-05, 13:38
Hi Alexsis

I can think of a lot worse things to be accused of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in the chat room sometime and I promise not to steal the pig!!

Love Piglet

carlin
09-06-05, 14:02
Hi Alexis,
What!!!! Not nice at all, try to shrug it off, easier said than done, they obviously don't know you well, or were just being spiteful xxxx We all know better xxxxx

clickaway
09-06-05, 14:19
Oversensitive?

Well, I think all us types are sensitive and more so than 'normal peeps'.

So maybe that was why you were found "accused".

Don't worry about it - you are a good sort and its quite legal to be whoever you are whatever others may think....

Hugs,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

henri
09-06-05, 15:49
hey alexis,
it's not nice when people criticise us like that. if you've been suffering from anxiety/panic, it's only natural that you will be highly sensitive to everything - seeing a sweet kid walk down the road can make me cry, even though there is nothing to cry about!
try not to take it to heart - maybe whoever said this to you doesn't understand what you are going through. people often make flippant remarks without really understanding what they're saying.
we all love you and don't mind you being as sensitive as you like.
henri xx

bren
16-05-07, 22:52
hello alexis iam new to the site an can.t believe that there is people out there who suffer like i do. i am over sensitive,36 yr old woman with 3 children,married,business woman.But yet still feel like a young child at times.Even though i have a business i still feel insecure,and low in confidence.Ifeel frustrated cos i want to be less sensitive and more confident.I feel i have this longing to be popular,and liked all the time lately.instead of not caring weather am popular and liked or not.I also feel like need to be more assertive..I recon i need some sort of boost or hypnotist,or some think to stop me thing the way i am...i need somethink to take this loneiness,missing somethink feeling.any suggestions.thanks bren