PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia Eraser Program

Katie1633
29-10-08, 20:49
Hi, can anyone tell me if they have come across the website www.emetophobiaeraser.com (http://www.emetophobiaeraser.com)? My friend and I came across it and it offers you a program which can erase your emetophobia. It costs roughly £43 but we are unsure if this may be another scam to just take our money and get our hopes built up. Please let me know if you know anything about this program and more importantly, if it has worked for anyone. We are desperate for a cure.
Many thanks, Katie.

nettles
31-10-08, 16:08
Hi Katie
I just had a look at the website, and I'm very skeptical. As you probably know, emetophobia is one of the hardest (I would suggest it is the hardest) phobia to cure. I've tried hypnotherapy, CBT, psychoanalysis, antidepressants, and none of them have made any real difference. So I would be very wary of anyone who claims that they have a 100% "cure", I just don't believe there's a magic remedy. Also, if you do pay the money and nothing turns up, I doubt you'll have any means to investigate Jillian Roberts as the company is American. If it was really that easy to cure emetophobia, there would be less people suffering from it. Sorry to be so negative, but I'm speaking from experience, and there are so many internet frauds out there too.
Nettles x

RichB
15-12-08, 14:30
I don't have emet, but I've heard only really good things about that program on other boards. From looking at the site they're not saying it's a 100% cure but that if you're not happy with it you can return it, that's quite a big difference. I think it's good to be cautious online, but if you're too cynical it's going to be hard to find or trust any advice! Just my opinion...