PDA

View Full Version : I've been doing well with my anxiety..but...:(

monika
29-10-08, 21:53
Latley i've been doing well with my anxiety. I'm occupying my mind more, and thinking about it less. I feel pretty good!

But the derealization is awful! Without the anxiety I feel better and find im more of my usual self during the day and less withdrawn, but i still have that feeling of "where am i?" what is this...bla bla ...the same usualy feelings and thoughts that come with the depersonalization and derealization.

I've heard that when people are doing well with anxiety, the dr/dp feelings, are really strong. But I dont know if this is true!

I feel there is soemthign else wrong with me now. It's only been two or three days...adn i know maybe im rushing, but I almost feel like not letting the anxiety go away just in case i have some mental illness besides this and its gonna show up soon! IM soooo worried :S

Has anyone else experienced dr/dp when their getting better! Is there something else wrong with me? Im sorry for the long post but im just so worried! The dr/dp is the only thing im really feeling right now, and im sooo scared!

Monika

alswife
30-10-08, 08:15
Hi Monika

I had awful DP/DR for over 2 years so I know how horrible it makes you feel. I think it lasted so long because it was all i thought about all day long. One day i just decided to stop thining about it and keep myself distracted and my mind occupied all the time. I've been free of DP/DR for 10 months now but at the time i thought i'd have it forever. Just wanted you to know that these feelings dont always last forever and there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care
Joanna.

feels_like_home
06-11-08, 17:22
Hi Monika,

I have been doing much better with my anxiety, but the DP/DR is still there. I was at work today talking to a friend and all of a sudden I felt really spaced out and like I was going to pass out. I had to go sit down. It didn't get better and I just started to feel worse and worse. I know how you are feeling.
Michelle