PDA

View Full Version : CLOWNS!!!!Aaaarrrgghhhhh!!!!!

andrea568
29-10-08, 23:16
I am so terrified of Clowns, so much that I can pass out with fear, same with balloons..... so a clown with a bunch of balloons would be the death of me.
I've tried therapy but it didn't work.
I just can't understand why nobody else can see how sinister they are.

Andrea x

janeybaby25
30-10-08, 12:42
don't worry about it hun, my mum is scared of Santa! Have you ever tried hypnotherapy? xx

yorkylover
30-10-08, 13:21
Hi Andrea you are not alone.I dont like clowns either.
I hate that film "IT".I dont like anything with clowns on and I do not like clown dolls.

I wouldnt go to a circus,I dont find clown's funny at all.:weep:

HeatherMc
30-10-08, 14:54
What an interesting thread, couple of weeks ago when I was still managing to get to work (I work in a psychiatric unit) we had a conversation about clowns, myself two other medical secretaries, and two consultant psychiatrists, you would be amazed at how many people do not like clowns or find them sinister!

So your phobia is not as strange as you think!

Heather

reachersgal
30-10-08, 15:32
I agree about clowns being sinister - in fact any person dressed up as anything freaks out my kids. (except santa- they seem ok with him)

A few yrs ago I read that hosptal children's depts were stopping using clown pictures to cheer kids up as the opposite was true they were frightened.

my husband, me and kids won't have a clown toy in the house.

Take care

Granny Primark
30-10-08, 19:31
Omg I love clowns!!!!:yesyes:
So much so that one of our bedrooms is done in circus theme with red and yellow material draped from the ceiling like a big top.
It was done for my grandaughter who is 1.
At her 1st birthday party 3 weeks my hubby bought a clown outfit. All the children loved him except for one little boy who was terrified.

jodie
30-10-08, 19:37
hiya

as others have said your not alone ,my sister is just the same she is so scared of them she runs at the sight of one

jodie x

Granny Primark
30-10-08, 20:30
shed run at the sight of me hubby if he wasnt dressed in a clown outfit! lol

cazzamagui1
30-10-08, 20:59
omg i hate clowns even typin the word makes my heart beat faster than it should aaarrrggghhhhhhhh there awful really awful if some1 came to me dressed as 1 i would either cry.... passout or die there just awful :(

Bill
31-10-08, 03:49
I should think the film "IT" came into being because it's such a common phobia. Remember the clown in the film Poltergeist too? Loved that film!

Do you know why you have this phobia?

My guess would be that it stems from childhood and you had a bad experience either with a clown or something in a masked form. I think the fear actually exists because you can't see a clowns face like someone wearing a mask or disguise so it's a fear of what is hidden beneath, the unseen, unknown.

Maybe you like things to be in the open because it's related to "black/white thinking" or a trust issue because you've been hurt or let down but that Really Is a pure guess! I'm just thinking of what I think could be "possible" reasons, just out of interest!

Have you any idea why?

By the way, my mother loves clowns!...........but then she also loves pigs! (Not the ones in human male form like me!!!) :hugs:

thepoet78
31-10-08, 04:18
This made me think back to Halloween when i was 8. My aunt sent me and my brother costumes. Well he got this great bear costume so i was all excited to open mine. Yeah that went real well. one look at that big rainbow wig and it was all over.I bawled my eyes out for a good long while.

yorkylover
31-10-08, 13:10
O my:ohmy: I remember Poltergeist,is that the one where the clown was under the bed!!!!!!!:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

joyce1980
31-10-08, 13:44
I hate Clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A movie called Killer clowns from outerspace and stephen kings IT freaked me out.

They are sinister awful awful!!!!!!!! I have tingly fingers just thinking about clowns blaah

HeatherMc
31-10-08, 14:16
Hey
while we are on the subject of fun things being scary, them dummies scare me, you know ventriloquists' things, I saw a film once about one were it sort of overtakes the operators mind really really scary, I don't like the chucky doll thing either, my son and I were talking about clowns and he said he has never liked them and now he is a grown up finds them just plain weird!

Heather

mini_mog
01-11-08, 10:30
i abosultley hate clowns- i find them sinister and horrid. i also dont really like balloons either- i know where this came from, as a child i found anything that made a sudden loud bang terrifying, and i had a birthday party when i was about 6 and some of the kids jumped on the balloons and popped them purposfully, ever since i feel nervous and uncomfortable when i see a child with a balloon, although adults with balloons dont bother me as its unlikely they will burst them. and also im not too bothered if the balloon is outside but in an enclosed space, i really feel uncomfortable and on edge. i still hate anything that makes me jump!

shelldavis
05-11-08, 17:48
I hate clowns!!!!
I freaked out it tesco on halloween due to a kid jumping out infront of me at the end of the isle dressed up as a clown wearing this awful clowns mask!!!
The lil boy found it highly amusing but so did i by the time i'd calmed down hehe

sunshine-lady
05-11-08, 18:55
I totally hate clowns!!!!

I am pleased to hear it's not just me as my Husband thinks I'm daft. My friend has a clown hanging from her ceiling at christmas, when you walk past it it says different phases! She thought it was funny until I took the batteries out of it!

I also hate ventriloquist dummies and porcilin dolls ...... ewww I have goose pimples and could be sick!

pinkpiglet
13-11-08, 23:39
I love clowns!

PIRATES have always been a problem for me. Once went to Penzance as a young un and hated it. Felt really eeerie and cried until we cut our visit short and left. i'm not so bad now, it got easier as i grew older but couldnt even colour a pirate picture when i was a kid.

nickieb
14-11-08, 11:04
I HATE CLOWNS.......I also hate spiders, bees/wasps & any insect that flies or buzzes...so as you can gather a lot of things!!

Franz
14-11-08, 13:12
I am so terrified of Clowns, so much that I can pass out with fear, same with balloons..... so a clown with a bunch of balloons would be the death of me.
I've tried therapy but it didn't work.
I just can't understand why nobody else can see how sinister they are.

Andrea x
The character Kramer in "Seinfeld" is scared of clowns:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEHjdId2EQ

(relevant scene is at 3:35).