PDA

View Full Version : Big Concert

skibba
09-06-05, 11:47
In ten days I am going to a rock concert. There will be 40,000 people in the crowd. I suffer from social anxiety and panic attacks and am terrified I will have a panic attack when i'm at this concert.
I'm going to see my doctor this week to see if she will prescribe some diazepam, or something like it, so I have it in my pocket if the worst happens. It has been a few weeks since my last major panic attack, i have quit alcohol as I had a problem with it and it made panic worse. If i don't get some tranquilisers I feel i will resort to Alcohol at this concert to cope with the anxiety....
Any ideas anyone?

rois
09-06-05, 12:06
Hi, I had the same prob 2 weeks ago but I got thru it. The advice I was given was to take some rescue remedy, remember you're with people who know and love you and just prepare yourself to have a good time rather than focusing on the negative aspect. I know how difficult it is but you've got ten days, why not try some relaxation music, breathing technigues or yoga every night until the concert to see if it helps. Just keep on fighting if you wanna pm me feel free, hope it works out ok for you, rois

seh1980
09-06-05, 12:13
hello there,

As Rois says, rescue remedy is an essential!! Also take some water, snacks, relaxation tapes and anything else that makes you feel comfortable. I'm sure that once you get there and start having a good time, you will put anxiety to the back of your mind..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

EmmaJane
09-06-05, 12:18
Hi,

Theres not a lot more I can add to this really. I wish you all the best and good luck. Let us know how you get on?

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

florence
09-06-05, 21:31
Hi Skibba

I would say "you're lucky!! "...I have two tickets for a rock gig which is on saturday the 18th of june, is that when yours is on?
Unfortunately I cannot go because no one can come with me :(.
I am so gutted, sorry for rambling.
By the way , who you r going to see? I hope you can make it tho and wish you all the best.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

skibba
10-06-05, 09:21
Hi and thanks.
I'm going on sunday the 19th to see Greenday at Milton Keynes Bowl.
I hope it will be the best day of the year so far....

bluebottle
10-06-05, 10:03
Florence,

Have you tried selling the tickets?

--
Blue
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

florence
10-06-05, 10:10
Hi Skibba...I live 8 miles away from milton keynes, have u heard of Faith No More by any chance? Where do you live?

Hi Blue
Selling the tickets aint a problem for me, I am just so desperate to go that I wont sell them....I am still hoping.

Florence.

skibba
10-06-05, 12:27
Hi,
I live near Cambridge. I don't know Faith No More but have heard the name....

florence
10-06-05, 13:59
oh right...Cambridge, quite a long way..

Florence.

florence
10-06-05, 14:17
I like greenday...they r good...I hope you will enjoy.

Take care.
Florence.

skibba
19-06-05, 17:19
DISASTER..... My agoraphobia has kicked in and im not going to the concert...
NOOO

henri
19-06-05, 18:14
oh no skibba, i am so sorry!
i've been to a gig at the milton keynes bowl - it's huge and definitely terrifying if you suffer from panic attacks.
i work on the music pages at a newspaper, and so not being able to go to gigs because of panic was a real problem for me. i started going again but started out with small venues, gradually building up to bigger ones. still don't think i could face milton keynes!
i hope you are not beating yourself up over this. think of it as something to work towards,
henri x

florence
20-06-05, 19:37
Oh Nooooooooo !
Sorry to hear that Skibba, it's a shame. :(

Hope you feel better.
Florence.

skibba
21-06-05, 12:53
thanks henri and florence,

im trying not to beat myself up over this. I now realise it was a too bigger step, and starting with smaller venues is more realistic. im already looking at the local gigs to see if there is anything i like.

Skibba[^]

tony
21-06-05, 12:58
yes i go to a lot of local gigs after not been to any for 2 years,i always find somewhere to stand or sit where i feel comfortable,but i must admit once i have a couple of beers i feel ok

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

florence
21-06-05, 20:44
Hi Skibba

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">im already looking at the local gigs to see if there is anything i like.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Yeah, that would be a good idea..

I have been to see Fantomas ( with lead singer Mike Patton from Faith No More ) last saturday, was a small venue but it was crowded. I felt uncomfortable most of the time and thought I was gonna faint any minute [xx(].
I never fainted of course , it's just the old nasty anxiety!
I saw him in the flesh and that made my evening!
I am glad I coped all way thru and was back home safely... It's a "small victory" !
Take care for now.

Florence.

skibba
03-06-06, 09:43
it's been a while since i posted on here.
I have made LOTS of prgress. Been to large sporting and music events with no problems.
I have started drinking coffee again after abstaining for 11 months. Have not had any alcohol in more than 8 months and the citalopram is working wonders alongside my new ability to manage anxiety successfully. Diazepam is my emergency fuel, taken on average once a month. Oh and I must praise my helper Girlfriend and Tobasco Sauce and relaxation.
peace

JP
03-06-06, 10:51
dude good work sounds like you are sorting things out. my GP gave me beta blockers for an interview and they did the trick. what ever works for you I guess. by the way anyone know what did happen to Faith no more they used to be my all tijme fave rock band!!

jp