PDA

View Full Version : Can't fight this feeling anymore..always worried gf will loose feelings for me..

Bond
30-10-08, 16:08
Hey all..

I just can’t take this feeling anymore. I am always worried my gf will loose feelings for me and eventually break up with me. I've been trying for the past 6 months to understand why I do this as I do this with every relationship I have. Everything is good right until the title comes or we are official. Then I start to over analyze EVERYTHING!!..Voice tone, choice of words, actions, mannerisms, body language etc.. It’s like my mind is made up already "she’s lost feelings for me" and now im only searching for evidence to prove my fear.

I’m with a girl now and I've been doing this already and we've had talks about it but I can tell she’s getting fed up with this insecurity and my constant mood shifts of worry and asking for constant reassurance from me.

I just don’t know what to do anymore, I think she will eventually leave me because of this and I feel like she already starting to pull away, of course this adds credence to my fear and thoughts of her feelings...

B

Missy69
30-10-08, 17:15
Hiya Bond,
Not to sure what to say to help really, even though i understand exactly what your saying.
I am or should i say have been very insecure in relationships before, about the same things you are now.
I cant say exactly what i did to change that, i suppose you just have to try and make your time with your girlfriend pleasurable and happy, for a while, try not to ask her for reassurance all the time, try and right it down maybe to get it off your chest, but try not to ask her.
This way you may see a big difference in your girlfriend, that she is enjoying her time with you, and then you will maybe see the benefits for both of you and that could reassure you in its self. Does this make sense ?
Just try and hold fire for a while asking her for reassurance, make it about her for a while, ask things about her, just turn it around for a while and i think you will feel a bit more secure.
Try not to ignore your feelings =, just write them down, maybecome back to them the day after, and see if you would have benefited asking her these things, if so you could always ask her then.

Hope thats a bit of help and ive not just rambled on, hope things feel better soon, take care