PDA

View Full Version : Having a real bad time at thr moment

kenboon
30-10-08, 16:19
Hi
I'm going through a really bad patch at the moment. Had a really bad panic attack last night at work, the first for weeks. It basically started when i found i couldnt swallow and then just esculated to full blown attack. I'm also really suffering with health anxiety too at the moment. I damaged my finger badly at work couple of weeks ago and its not healing and still has an open wound. So of course i think i may get tetnis now. On top of that i pricked my finger with a old needle whilst going through my nans things, so of course thats made it twice of likely i get tetnis. I'm a real mess at the moment and getting lot of symptoms which is scareing me, as i dont know if its something else or not.

I'm just such a mess at the moment and so scared. I dunno what to do to cope and try and reasure myself i will be ok.

Thanks

Ken

HeatherMc
30-10-08, 16:42
hiya ken

sorry that you are feeling so lousy, this is probably just a blip, I have read loads of your posts and you have come on in leaps and bounds and have been doing so well.

Lots of Love

Heather

BNCfan
31-10-08, 18:15
Hi Ken, I can understand your worries and agree with the previous posts, go along to your doc's surgery and get either the doc or the nurse to check out the injury to your hand and hopefully reassure you. I'm sure your swallowing problem is due to your anxiety about Tetanus. It's simple enough to have an anti-Tetanus jab - your doc would probably do it when you visit - they last for about 10 years. Sometimes injuries to our hands take longer to heal because we use them so much. Try not to worry - I know that's easier said than done. Tetanus isn't very common these days and is usually picked up in an outdoor situation - e.g. gardening, cutting yourself on fencing wire etc. I wish you all the best.