PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all

eeyorelover
09-06-05, 20:37
Hi all. I am so glad I found this website:D
First of all I am a Mom of four and soon to be Grandma of a baby boy named Austin. I've been married forever(actually 16 years) and live in the Midwest US.
I have been having panic/anxiety for 15 years and they have gotten worse every year. I have been on a lot of different meds but after I was on xanax for about 5 years and couldn't go out of my house to get the mail, I decided that I wasn't going to be on meds anymore.
I have gotten a little better at what I call "fighting through" the panic so now I have my first job and I go shopping and have even started driving a car again short distances. It's amazing to look at what I had given up to the panic.

eeyorelover
I would like to get some info on how to manage the panic better so that I can regain more of my independence. I relay alot on my husband and kids sometimes when the panic is really bad.
so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing our common experiences.

florence
09-06-05, 21:07
Hello

Welcome to this lovely website :)

You will find here many people who can relate, understand and support.
I am sure you will find it helpful.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

seh1980
09-06-05, 21:30
Welcome aboard!! Looking forward to getting to know you better :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

jill
09-06-05, 21:34
Hello,:D

Welcome to the site.

LOVE JILLXXXX

Karen
09-06-05, 23:18
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
10-06-05, 00:35
Hi welcome aboard, there are so many people on here who i know will soon be mailing you with wonderful helpful advice.
You sound to have come a long way alreadyt, well done.
have you thought about going into the chat room. It starts to get busy after 7.30pm
take care love Alexis,xx

Piglet
10-06-05, 10:47
Hi Eeyorelover

Had to reply not least for the super name - my youngest does a fab impression of Eeyore speaking.

I also want to say how fantastic it is that although suffering for 15 years you now have your first job and go shopping that's a great thing to hear for us all, as it really gives hope that even if you have been suffering a long time you can still turn things round. A really big well done to you.

Some of the little props I find useful went I'm out (I do go out regularly but mostly accompanied I'm going through one of my worst little agrophobic patches at the mo) is Bach Rescue Remedy, Lavender oil on a cottonwool ball, I also tend to hold my mobile in my hand or my keys as it gives me something to fiddle with (bit like worry beads I suppose) but most of all remembering to breathe into my tummy and breathe out slowly would be my best tip.

Well done again and welcome to the site.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

carlin
10-06-05, 15:07
Hi there and welcome,
married forever eh? no that's me, 27 years, beat that!!!! seriously how lovely to hear from you and am so pleased you have found this site, you will find lots of useful information and receive lots of good advice, and i am sure you will be able to help others along the way. keep in touch.

nomorepanic
10-06-05, 19:37
Hi eeyorelover

We met in chat last night so good to meet you and Welcome aboard the forum.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

henri
10-06-05, 23:15
hi eeyorelover,
welcome to the site!
it sounds like you have started making progress towards fighting through the panic, which is great! have you read the pages on the website about 'first steps'? it gives some great advice on getting started on beating it.
look forward to meeting you in chat!
henri

pips
10-06-05, 23:57
Hi there a BIG warm welcome to the site I hope we can help you on your road to recovery.

Take care,

Love Pip's XX

Meg
13-06-05, 17:59
HI Eeyore

Well done on all your progress to date. You're doing well

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
Mind Games (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1789)
obsessive thoughts & anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3096)

Keep going ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

zena
15-06-05, 15:01
Hi ya.
Firstly congrats on getting a job and driving. It's great isn't it.
This site is great, wished I found it years ago.
You will find the support that you need from people who give out wise advise.
Take one day at a time and agree with Pips about the breathing

with good wishes

Zena

eeyorelover
23-06-05, 06:06
Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome. It seems as if people who haven't suffered from this think I should just be able to get over it and as all of u know it's not that easy (I wish it was). I look forward to meeting all of u in chat.
Sincerley,
eeyorelover