PDA

View Full Version : very strange thought, help!!

Cheeky220
31-10-08, 19:12
has anyone ever had this before?

When asked to say a word in ur head e.g hello its like u can hear it??

this is freaking me out. anyone had this :(

Yvonne
31-10-08, 19:23
Cheeky

Who has asked you to say a word in your head? I'm not following. Could you just clarify a bit.

Cheeky220
31-10-08, 19:27
basically im sitting thinking and tuning in to everything. no one has asked me to say a word but im just saying that if you think to yourself a word for example hi and say it in your mind to yourself its like u can actually hear it and now im focusing on this as ive never thought about this before and its scaring me does that make sense?

bab
31-10-08, 21:11
Hi Cheeky - its just anxiety playing tricks and your focussing on it - its just another lovely part of anxiety and if you dont give it attention it will go away x

jill
01-11-08, 00:00
Hi hun, :D:hugs:

Anxiety plays many, many tricks to frighten us, it needs are fears to servive. When I was acute, I had many, many strange thoughts, but came to understand that strange thoughts are just another symptom of anxiety.

I know that when you are acute, you will notice any changes within your body and thought patten AND question WHY, this WHY question is never answered in a positive way, Have you not noticed that panic, anxiety NEVER. EVER has anything good to say, it has to be negative.

I do unerstand that its scaring you and my heart goes out to you :hugs:but hunny, by you fearing this you are fueling your anxiety.

Please try and take your focus OFF this thought, as I said, its another anx symptom, try using distraction hunny, it does help, take the importance away from this thought, the more importance you put on this thought the more power you give it, please try hun, it does work, with time.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX