PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had Cranio-Sacral Therapy??

Gem Can't Switch Off
01-11-08, 00:46
Has anyone heard of or had this??

It's supposed to be amazing for all sorts of ailments and anxiety so I'm booked in for some in a couple of weeks.

The guy has come highly recommended by a few friends so I can't wait to try it and see if it helps!!

Anyone who knows anything about it on here??

Thanks

Gemma
xxx

freakedout
01-11-08, 02:00
Hi,

I have heard of this used with babies, I think. I once read up about it as my son was a very stressed, upset, crammed baby and I put it down to a minor complication during labour. I think it is some type of massage therapy of the skull. Hold on......

http://www.craniosacral.co.uk/

You may find this link useful.

Please let us know how it goes, I am interested to know, and good luck with it.

Freaky

BNCfan
01-11-08, 09:02
Hi Gemma, Yes I have a friend who works as a Cranio-Sacral Therapist and she gave me a free treatment while I was staying with her a few weeks back as I was so stressed. It's called Cranio-Sacral because the guy who invented it believes that contrary to popular medical beliefs the plates of the skull don't ever actually fuse completely and continue to move within the sacral sack of fluid. The therapy is also based on the similar beliefs as acupuncture - on aligning the meridians and chakras in the body, encouraging our bodies to heal themselves. My friend started by putting her hands on my head, it felt like she was exerting enormous pressure, but she wasn't, that was coming from the imbalances in my body. She gradually worked her way gently down my body to my feet, paying extra attention to any problem spots, such as, in my case, my stomach - you don't have to take your clothes off or anying, just lie there, relax and enjoy it. After the therapy I had to drink some water and was suprised how pleasantly 'spaced out' and relaxed I felt, it was a lovely feeling. Traumatic stuff from our past might come up during the therapy and you might find yourself shedding a tear or two, but that's all part of it. If you want to talk to the therapist during the session you can, she/he will leave that up to you. If there's some particular part of your body that does bring about a strong reaction the therapist might ask you what you're experiencing. I wish I could afford to go for another session - my friend lives in Northumberland and I live in London, so sadly I can't just pop back to her. I hope the sessions go really well for you. Let us know.

Gem Can't Switch Off
01-11-08, 09:37
Thanks for the replies!

Wow I'm really excited now, not going to pin all my hopes on it but if it helps then great!!

BNCfan- The guy I'm going to see is a friend of a friend who works in London and Salisbury. I'll let you know how it goes and maybe you could see him as he's closer to your home, if he's good of course!!

xx

Hi Gemma, Yes I have a friend who works as a Cranio-Sacral Therapist and she gave me a free treatment while I was staying with her a few weeks back as I was so stressed. It's called Cranio-Sacral because the guy who invented it believes that contrary to popular medical beliefs the plates of the skull don't ever actually fuse completely and continue to move within the sacral sack of fluid. The therapy is also based on the similar beliefs as acupuncture - on aligning the meridians and chakras in the body, encouraging our bodies to heal themselves. My friend started by putting her hands on my head, it felt like she was exerting enormous pressure, but she wasn't, that was coming from the imbalances in my body. She gradually worked her way gently down my body to my feet, paying extra attention to any problem spots, such as, in my case, my stomach - you don't have to take your clothes off or anying, just lie there, relax and enjoy it. After the therapy I had to drink some water and was suprised how pleasantly 'spaced out' and relaxed I felt, it was a lovely feeling. Traumatic stuff from our past might come up during the therapy and you might find yourself shedding a tear or two, but that's all part of it. If you want to talk to the therapist during the session you can, she/he will leave that up to you. If there's some particular part of your body that does bring about a strong reaction the therapist might ask you what you're experiencing. I wish I could afford to go for another session - my friend lives in Northumberland and I live in London, so sadly I can't just pop back to her. I hope the sessions go really well for you. Let us know.

BNCfan
01-11-08, 10:15
Keep me posted - hope he's fantastic.