PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Again Last Night!!!

MVP123
02-11-08, 13:02
Hi all, went to the hospital again last night, if this carries on they will have to give me a season ticket! Anyway late afternoon yesterday I started getting my dizzy spells, not much to worry about as I have had themj before, but as the night went on it was awful. I kept getting like shocks to my head and I would lose my balance and my whole head felt pressurised. I have never had it this bad before so went to the hospital. Usual tests thought then it was put down to my anxiety. Woke in the very early hours of this morning and felt even worse, the dizziness was constant and my whole head was tingling, and it felt like if I didn't keep rubbing my head and pulling at my hair, my head would explode. I was rolling around on the floor as well as it was driving me crazy and I have scratched badly at my forehead again. The funny head and dizziness is still there now, but not tingling as bad, but it will come back I know it will, and I am so tired............I need someone to help make it stop before I go completely insane. How can this be just anxiety, I haven't had anything to worry about in ages. Has anybody else suffered these kind of sypmtoms fo so long, please help!!!!!!

bottleblond
02-11-08, 13:39
Hiya

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment :flowers:

I have heard of others with similar symptoms as this but i haven't had anything like it myself.

I do think you were right in going alot to the hospital to have it checked out though. I would certainly have done the same.

Sorry i can't be of more help but i hop you feel alot better very soon.

Love Lisa
xxx
:bighug1:

lioness
02-11-08, 13:57
Hi, I've suffered from similar symptoms before and lately I've been feeling the pressurised feeling in my head almost all day everyday, which means I don't ever stop worrying really. I often get really bad dizzy spells which convince me I am dying, but I do try to be realistic and think clearly...that I am not dying, that it is just anxiety. It's hard though :(

Lu
02-11-08, 19:00
Hi, I'm experiencing weird head sensations and dizziness too, =( so frightening. As lioness said it's just so hard to keep trying to convince yourself it's just anxiety =(. I find aswell that i'm not actually worrying about anything in particular it's like my body acts like it on it's own!
I'm so sorry you feel bad and hope you feel better soon.
Lu x

kathyanne
11-11-08, 23:45
I am getting headaches on a daily basis for 5 weeks now. I have been really worrying about them, but everywhere I go they say it's anxiety. It's a band of preasure around my temples and into my forehead. I also get a tingling sensation in my scalp which is really weird, never had that before.

Know exactly how you feel.

Kathy

Nemo
12-11-08, 00:11
Ive been to casualty before worrying about a different set of symptoms so I know what its like when you are convinced the doctor missed something. That was 20 years ago and I am still here - although health anxiety hasnt left me alone much.

Do you find that your health "crisis" generally lasts a few weeks, say, and then you are ok for a bit before the next worry comes along - usually a completely different illness? Thats what I get, and each time I have a test to allevieate a particular health worry I always say - thats it I wont worry about illness again, but I do! is it the same for you?

I am currently "in crisis" too with a set of symptoms that Ive had tests for and are not explained. I am considering a day of pampering or something as I am so anxious, I will also select a good book to loose myself in to take my mind off it - too much thinking time doesnt help me.

Your symptoms are maybe worsened by anxiety - I know its not easy, but maybe try to take a "day out" for yourself and get a massage to ease the symptoms or pamper yourself at home and see if the symptoms improve?

If they dont improve or get worse you are right to ask to have them checked out as a precaution - it is your right, and you never know it may have a simple explanation.