PDA

View Full Version : Claustrophobia big time

ElizabethJane
02-11-08, 15:24
We have been away for a few days over half term. Yesterday we were in Southwold (yes with all the gales and rain) We were at the pier end of the town and we used the public loos towards the end of the amusements. The men went in and out no problems. The ladies loos had a barrier rather like a prison cell a metal barrier which would open electronically if you used a 10p piece. This was enough to throw me into a mega fit ! However I mangaged to raise the barrier. It was like entering a prison cell. I used the loo but I wanted to get out as soon as possible. What if the barrier wouldn't open? There was no attendant no-one else was about. The barrier opened I didn't even bother to wash my my hands. What a scary experience. My husband said that he would have come eventually. It could have got stuck. I wouldn't go through that experience again. I will use the loos in pubs and restaurants. I couldn't see an emergency phone number if you did get stuck in there. The 'barrier' was like prison cell bars and there was no way you could pass through without a 10p piece.

pooh
02-11-08, 19:34
Public Loos can be scarey places. Did I tell you about the time I went into a cafe went to use the loo and I kid you not, there was poo on the toilet the floor and the walls.
I had rather a massive pa about the whole thing. If I could go at home always I would but nature does call when we are out and about lol

Pooh x

ElizabethJane
02-11-08, 19:47
Omg I would have run out too but it is the locked in feeling that really scares me. I have refused to use the loo if it is dirty. I have been known to use the disabled facilities if the ladies looks too scary. I would apologise to any disabled person waiting but there never has been. I can't use lifts either.

Wenjoy
03-11-08, 09:37
Hey I kbnow what you mean - the other day I was so desparate that hubby drove round and round villages looking for a loo - we found one of those space age capsule ones and I flatly refused to go in it - result was I was in agony for the hour long drive home and nearly wet myself but wouldnt go in a capsule space age loo - no way no way !!! Wenjoy x

Cathy V
03-11-08, 09:53
I have this fear too, especially if its one of those cubicles where theres no gap at the top or bottom, just a solid wall without a window. I always think ill suffocate if i get stuck so i never lock the door if i can help it. I dont like the electronic doors on the trains now either...:scared15:

lifeissweet
04-11-08, 15:56
hi elizabeth, im the very same..if its public toilets where there are a few cubilcles im fine as long as it has gaps under and at top..cause if i get stuck i can at least jump over or squeeze under bottom!

if its disabled toilets or any wheres theres no windows i just wouldnt go, or i would go but leave door open..id rather someone saw me peeing than get trapped in there!!!