PDA

View Full Version : Anti depressents

Natural Mystic
02-11-08, 17:37
Has anyone any experience with a type of anti dep that doesn't actually give you horrendous side effects?

Twice I've tried anti deps (prozac and another) and both times I refused to take more after the first one. Still I feel I need something because this anxiety (and my past) has really made me depressed.

Actually I think I've suffered depression on and off for years, I just didn't admit it.

spotty socks
02-11-08, 18:30
My experience of anti depressants (and i have been on a number of them) is that the first couple of days are the worst and it takes up to 2 weeks for your body to get used to them and up to 4 weeks to get the full effect. I think different drugs react differently on different people so it is trial and error. The drug iam currently on did not give me the slightest problem but everyone else i know taking it had problems with it in the begining. I think you just have to take the plunge and give your body time to adjust. I hope you find something to help you.
Take care
Spotty

bab
03-11-08, 09:58
Hi There

I think as with all tablets they all have side effetcs although some affect you more than others and some may not affect you at all - unfortunately its trial and error until you find one thats suits you but if it makes you feel better it is so worth it x you have to give the meds a few weeks and persevere through initial side effects as the majority do go away and you have to rememnber they can make you feel worse initially most of the time but its just the med going into your system and the initial side effetcs will go away