PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my throat

Vinny
03-11-08, 09:51
Hi Everyone
I've a long standing fear of throat/lung cancer. I have had various tests that have all been clear. I now keep looking at my throat in the mirror. Please, please could someone look at their's and tell be it's normal for it to look red!!! I have been looking all weekend and the back of my throat (either side of the dangley bit...sorry dont' know what it's called)is quite red and so is the dangley bit. I've had a look at my sisters and she assures me hers is the same but I still don't think it looks like mine. Please could someone reassure me :weep: . I hate starting the week feeling negative :weep: .

berkshiregirl
03-11-08, 09:57
hiya just looked at mine and it looks same try not to worry its you mind making it look worse i am sure xx

anx mum
03-11-08, 10:03
Hi Vinny sort of know how your feeling. My name is Bev with me ive been getting chest pains which is really worrying me all my tests have come back clear but dont feel reassured.

LeeBee
03-11-08, 11:30
Abnormal redness usually indicates swelling or abrasion, in either case your throat would probably hurt if it was abnormally red. If it doesn't hurt I wouldn't worry. A red or pink mouth, throat and uvula (dangly bit) is perfectly normal and healthy. There are variations in colour between people's insides the same as there are for their outsides.

It sounds like you've been thoroughly checked out for any possible mouth or throat problems... try to relax and let it go. I know it's hard but it would probably helped if you could stop the checking cycle - resist the temptation to look in your mouth and you might find that the anxiety starts to subside.

Vinny
03-11-08, 15:44
Thank you for your replies, still worrying about it unfortunately but can't talk to anyone at work about it. I've been doing the dreaded "google" instead but it just makes things worse :-(
Just wish I could look at someones throat to check it's a bit red at the back like mine.

Take Care everyone x

Trixie
03-11-08, 15:53
Right Vinny now you know I don't suffer from HA even though I hang around this section of the board (I wonder if I should actually buzz off?).

So with a clear head when it comes to my health I can honestly say (after looking in my make-up mirror) that the back of my throat is read also.:yesyes:

Vinny
03-11-08, 15:58
Thank you Trixie, please don't "buzz off"

xxx

yanksforever
03-11-08, 17:40
I agree Trixie, dont buzz off. Recovered HA sufferers are wanted.

Vinny the back of mmy throat is almot always red too. I also head that sometimes after eating, it looks more red than normal. My dangly bit it pinkish but everything behind it is pretty red...but my throat doesn't hurt.

You don't have throat cancer or lung cancer , love, do you even smoke at all? Chew tobacco? In that case you MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT have a slight point but if not, cheer up chick!

Trixie
03-11-08, 18:26
Thanks YF but I have never suffered from HA.:D

I found this board because of my anxiety about my Siamese cats (one was off colour and I was getting really upset).

I wandered over here and stayed (I think was because I'm a trained nurse and I wanted to see if I could help).

:bighug1: