PDA

View Full Version : Comletely sick of my self

wine lover
03-11-08, 12:30
posted about three weeks ago and have been feeling okay since but have had a not so great weekend. Palpitations, fingertips pulsing and sore. (couldn't get to sleep on Saturday night). keep getting a kind of tingling creeping feeling up my back and over my head. this morning I've woken up with a twitching mouth (looks like I'm doing an Elvis impersonation) kind of tingling and twitching hard. My eye is twitching too. Feels like all my nerve endings are working too hard! Have started to wonder if this could be hormonal. Any one of you got any ideas?

Cathy V
03-11-08, 12:34
Well they say the twitching can be a sign of stress, as can the palpitations. But ive noticed that your user name is 'wine lover' could this be a clue that you had maybe a glass too many over the weekend? sometimes alcohol can make us feel like this too :D xxx

wine lover
03-11-08, 14:00
Hi, I did, as a matter of fact, I was out at a social event of Friday night, but only had a couple of glasses. Have drunk more and never felt like this. Maybe I'm becoming allergic to wine, heaven forbid!! :scared15:

Cathy V
03-11-08, 15:16
I wouldnt have thought a few glasses would be any problem, so your wine is safe :D but some people drink alot more and then it can cause more anxiety probs. if its not alcohol related then i would think you are just very stressed, and this can affect your muscles and nerves...we all know the phrase 'its gets on my nerves' :scared15:

Take care
Cathy xxx

LeeBee
04-11-08, 10:22
I get muscles twitches (eyes and lips most common for me too!) when I'm fatigued, and am usually OK in a day or two. They can go on for hours or even a couple of days, very annoying. I've heard that some vitamin deficiencies can contribute to muscle twitches? You might want to make sure you're getting plenty of fruit and veg, or try a multi vitamin supplement.

WineLover didn't mention anything about being overweight, Alisha. SPAM.

wine lover
04-11-08, 10:25
thanks for your response but, no, I'm not overweight. I eat a healthy diet, so thats not the problem. have had thyroid, etc. checked, blood was fine. I'm thinking it might be peri menopause, having looked at the symptoms, it seems a lot of ladies on NMP seem to be suffering in the same sort of way.