PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a setback today

josiepickle
10-06-05, 20:11
Hi everybody
I'm feeling bit low this eve as I've had a bad day.
My day started off badly because I did'nt sleep very well last nite and woke up feeling a bit panicky and sick. When I got into work the first thing I heard about was bad news regarding an old colleague of mine. This got me all worked up and all I have thought about all day are health issues and terrible things that could happen to me. I keep checking my pulse, its abt 60bpm, then rechecking it and reading all manner of things into it, I even got one of the midwives at work to check my BP, again its fine. My head feels all fuzzy and my thoughts are all jumbly. I'm ok as long as I'm not on my own but my hubby is going away in the morn until Sun nite and I'll be here with the kids for company. They are all teenagers and as you can imagine they lead very busy social lives that don't really include mum.
I am trying to remind myself of all the positive things in my life and that I have had a full health check up with no probs, but still feel really panicky and anxious.
I'd be really grateful for any reply postings that can reassure me this is just a temp blip.
Thanks guys
Jo xxx

seh1980
10-06-05, 21:04
hi Jo,

Sorry to hear about your bad day hun. I often get days like that when I wake up feeling bad and just know that it's not going to be a good one. It's no wonder that you felt shaky seeing that you had some bad news about a colleague. I'm sure that you will be fine this weekend even though you'll be alone. We will all be here for you if you need us..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Piglet
10-06-05, 21:26
Hi Jo

Mine are all teenagers too - I've either got a houseful and am running a hotel or they're all out and the house is empty.

Do you manage to get in the chat room at all?

Love Piglet

alexis
10-06-05, 21:41
Hi Jo im really sorry your day is crap.
You will be OK, why dont you have some pampering time. Have a long bath or sit in pjs for ages, do what you always wanted to do but never do.Eat in bed!!
There is chat you could go into on saturday night to fill in time and have a laugh.
I hate waking up panicky, sets me bad for day.
This is a blip, worrying about today and about your husband being away.
Try not to worry, easier said than done I know, are you on msn, have you got anybody you could chat to.
we are always here if you need us. take care, love Alexis,xx

henri
10-06-05, 23:30
hi jo,
it's so frustrating when you don't get a good night's sleep and just know it's going to be a bad day. i reckon alexis is right - just get as cosy as you can this evening, have a relaxing bath, make yourself a horlicks, watch a good film or something (ps alexis, am loving the suggestion 'eat in bed' - classic!!)
hopefully if you manage to relax a bit this evening, you'll have a good night's sleep and feel much much better tomorrow. and definitely drop in to chat tomorrow night, there'll be lots of people to talk to.
hope you start feeling a bit better soon. i promise you it's just a blip, you'll be feeling perkier in no time!
henri x

pips
11-06-05, 00:04
Hi Jo,

Sorry you have had a bad day hun. You will be fine just keep thinking that you had your full health check and that went well try to tell yourself there's nothing to worry about!

Well hubbys away give yourself some you time pamper yourself watch a girlie weepy movie as henri said and if you feel lonley pop into the chat room.

Take care and I do hope you will feel better soon.

Love PIP'S XX

chucklehound
11-06-05, 09:53
Hi, i think that everyone gets these set backs but its difficult when it happens when you are doing so well. I would love to a full medical to convince me but that isnt an option because at the moment i cant get there (agoraphobic). You just need to keep telling yourself that any probs would have been picked up.
Hope you are feeling better again soon...

c.jackson

josiepickle
11-06-05, 15:53
Thanks everyone for all your supportive posts, they really make a difference. Steno, I feel bad that I am able to access a full medical check up and still feel unable to take comfort from it when you would so like to be able to have it. I need to start thinking about how lucky I am and look to the future a bit more positively. (easier said than done though i am finding).
My husband decided to stay home today and go out for the day to his Mums tomorrow,so that made feel a bit happier today, I don't deserve him.
As for today I do feel a bit calmer, just!!!!
Except my head still feels fuzzy and jumbled up and I've got a knot in my stomach and feel a bit shaky, can this all really be down to anxiety?
Thanks again for your support everyone
Jo xx

seh1980
11-06-05, 16:19
Yes Jo, all these symptoms CAN be down to anxiety. It's a bugger, isn't it? Try not to worry as none of these symptoms can hurt you..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

alexis
11-06-05, 17:53
Yes Jo, these are anxiety symptoms, I feel pretty similar today except dont have the fuzzy head.
Am glad your hubby stayed home, of course you deserve him suppose it will just mean no eating in bed, which is my favourite thing if Im feeling rubbish, horlicks as henri suggested, mmmmmmm may have one tonight it ages since i have, anyway Jo take care, hope you improve soon but dont worry about it,love Alexis,x