PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

lynnsb03
03-11-08, 18:03
Hi I have suffered from severe health anxiety for the last 3 years it has taken over my life I have a very understanding doctor but three weeks ago the anxiety reached fever pitch went back to doctor who gave me citalopram not taken them yet as scared of side effects I would appreciate any information just want to be happy forgot what thats like just seem to cry all the time I have a wonderful supportive family I should be grateful but just cant seem to pick myself up I lost my dad in april this year and from then the anxiety has been the worse its ever been. would appreciate any info on herbal remedies any one has tried .

bottleblond
03-11-08, 18:40
Hi Lynn

I'm so sorry to hear about your sad loss. I lost my dad last year and have to say that my anxiety went through the roof too.

Many of us are scared to start on new medications, it's quite a natural fear and one i have always had too. I have been on my meds (Venlafaxine) for a good while now and have to say that they definatley help me.

You could go along to your local herbal shop and have a consultation with a professional to talk though other options open to you.

I really hope you find some relief honey!
Lots of love and luck to you
Lisa
xxx :flowers:

anx mum
03-11-08, 19:45
Hi im Bev sounds like your going through a really tough time. Im suffering with anxiety myself i lost my mum 3 years ago miss her loads. If u wanna talk?

pooh
03-11-08, 21:01
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

lynnsb03
03-11-08, 21:19
Hi thanks for the reply, my health anxiety started after a breast lump scare 3 yrs ago since then I have been on a rollercoaster constant body checking , google searches all the things u know u shouldn,t do. this forum has been a godsend for me , just to know ur not alone helps.

lynnsb03
03-11-08, 21:46
thanks for the reply,my health anxiety started 3 yrs ago after a breast scare since then a rollercoaster of ups and downs constant body checking, google searches, feel like I live in the doctors surgery just a bit confused about medication but cant go on like this my kids need a happy mum, my youngest son has special needs and people are quick to say that because of this I am bound to be anxious not the case at all he is the reason I get up in the morning. its nice to know Im not alone.:unsure:

weeble40
03-11-08, 21:56
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx