PDA

View Full Version : How long ?

Missy69
03-11-08, 18:35
Hi Folks,
Sorry been a bit of a pain today with questions, I am having an ecg tomorrow morning, could anybody tell me how long it takes to get the results back ???? im having a home visit to have this done, so not sure how it works or anything, also could anyone tell me how high there blood pressure has been whilst very anxious and nervous.
Seems quite silly, but im more frightened of having my blood pressure done than having the ecg done. I know my blood pressure will be very high and just curious to see if anyone else is like this with the doctor.
Thnak you loads for your help :winks:

Missy69
03-11-08, 19:04
Also, i have never googled anything, but i am so so tempted to google about blood pressure, god im becoming obsessed, even only i could be as obsessed about living normaly, i would have cracked it !

Yvonne
03-11-08, 19:05
Sarah

It takes about a week to get the results from an ecg. It's nothing to worry about I can assure you. Your blood pressure can go higher but not as high as you think it might. I think you will be surprised by the blood pressure reading. If you're anxious you will be anxious with the doctor, dentist, optician you name it. That's my experience anyway. Try not to worry about it. You are lucky you are having a home visit so that should make you feel a bit more at ease.

Take care.

Natural Mystic
03-11-08, 19:09
I have visited my doctors at my worst and my blood pressure is always normal

Missy69
03-11-08, 19:21
Thanks yvonne,
your right i am lucky having a home visit, my blood pressure is always high when im anywere near a doctor, have no idea why, just scared of being rushed into hospital or something i suppose. Thank you for your input hun x

Karen
03-11-08, 19:25
Hi Missy

I suppose it depends who is doing it. A doctor can read the results of an ECG straight away but if a nurse is coming out to do the ECG I suppose you'll have to wait for a doctor to look at it.

Good luck. There is nothing to the scan itself. Just try and relax :hugs:

Karen xx

Missy69
03-11-08, 19:28
Aww Thank you Karen x

anna66
04-11-08, 10:48
Hi Missy,
I had an ECG last Monday and blood tests. I was told that the results were available atraight away on the ecg as they are on a print out from the machine.....but it depends on how long you have to wait for the doctor to read them back to you.
My ecg was all good btw.
x

Missy69
04-11-08, 10:58
Thanks anna,
Well had it done this morning, the nurse said that the doc should be in touch after lunch, so fingers crossed ;-/ , thank you everybody for your support, its been really helpful x

titchjd
04-11-08, 11:03
Hiya hun
I had an ecg a few weeks ago ....Its fine ..takes about 10-15 mins thats cus they pop the wires on different parts of body then it prints of yr ECG results ..I was told mine straight away ..well the nurse said that it showed up minor irregularitys but nothin serious at all.

Im not sure wether you will get yours straight away with a home visit but ask then at the end if all seems ok x

I dont suffer high BP I have low BP sometimes but they dont know why ..it can make me very tired and giddy x

well let us know how u get on hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

Missy69
04-11-08, 11:09
Thank you titchjd,
i will let you no xxx