PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

alexis
11-06-05, 10:54
For the last few nights i have found I have been really miserable, I feel I get through the day at work and then collapse on an evening and my heart races and my fears appear and i become very weepy.
I was talking to a friend last night and she is lucky if she gets a good hour never mind 6 or 7 like i get but I feel bad because everytime I go forwards which I have i suddenly go back again.
I have been on medication for a while now and I keep thinking is there any point taking it as Im not properly better but then I remember how bad I was and this is probably just a blip.
Anyway enough wingeing, just felt like posting, perhaps if I worked 7 days I would be better because i wouldnt be able to stop and think about it, take care all Love Alexis,xx

rois
11-06-05, 11:28
so sorry you're not feeling too good, I'm the same at the mo, I'm trying to get ready for work now and have been up from half seven panicking even though I was fine in work last night! Hope you feel better, rois

"You die if you worry and you die if you don't"

florence
11-06-05, 11:56
Hi Alexis

Sorry to hear you feel bad at the mo...I know how frustrating it is when you think you're doing well and suddenly you feel like you have to start again from square 1. I am sure it's only a minor blip and it won't last, also blips are part of the recovery....keep your chin up. :)

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

linjane
11-06-05, 12:26
Hi Alexis,

You know, from talking to me in the past, I have good days then suddenly start feeling panicky again. I don't know if I'll ever learn to deal with it, but I know, for me I would feet better without the anxiety about my heart.

Hope you feel better soon and I'm hear for you if need me.

Take care,

Love, Linda.xxx

lainey
11-06-05, 12:59
Hi there

Sorry to hear you are feeling low at the moment, I'm sure it's just a blip. Going to work is a distraction for you but then when you come home you have time on your hands to think, same happens to me on my days off.
When you have a few good days and then have a bad day it seems a lot worse as you have been feeling so good, if that makes sense.
Try to keep positive as you said you are certainly better than you were before medication and this is a step in the right direction.
Onwards and upwards.

Take care

Elaine x

henri
11-06-05, 13:52
hey alexis,
i had this for a few weeks - it's so frustrating when you've been feeling fine all day and then it catches up with you in the evening. are you very anxious when you are at work? or are you able to feel relaxed at all? i find that if i cut out caffeine and sugary stuff during the day and do some breathing exercises in the loos (lol) then it helps me feel calm for longer.
this is definitely just a blip hun! you are doing so well, don't punish yourself over this. how many days are you working now?
henri x

alexis
11-06-05, 14:05
Hi all, thanks for your replies and support, henri I officially work mon to fri but sometimes I finish early or go late or take hour off if Im bad, it is having that flexibility that has enabled me to keep working and get better I think.I dont have a great deal of time off, I dont stop much in the day so I dont have time to think, I do find myself feeling anxious but just breathe deep,and do sighing, that works wonders for me, my friend who I work close with knows now I need to do this lol,Im sure that is the best way forward for me, as long as i have work I feel well, if Im off for it I feel Im failing.
Thanks again all you love Alexis,xx

josiepickle
11-06-05, 16:02
Hi Alexis,
I feel so bad that your having a bit of a blip. It seems it is happening to a few of us, at the moment, what a bummer!!!
We must all just keep going using all our learnt coping skils to help.
What do you do as a job, do you mind me asking, could you cut your hours if need be? Although if you are anything like me you probably feel better there where your mind can't race.
Hope you feel abit more positive over the weekend.
Jo xx

seh1980
11-06-05, 16:06
hi Alexis,

I'm sure that you're just going through a couple of bad days. We all have those!! Stay positive and it will soon pass..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
11-06-05, 17:42
Hi Alexis

Sorry you've not been feeling too good.

Keep remembering how far you have come already and remind yourself that this is a blip and we all have them. You will get back to where you were again and be able to keep moving forward.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
12-06-05, 17:59
how are you feeling today alexis?
henri x

seh1980
12-06-05, 18:47
Hope you're feeling a little better Alexis :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

alexis
12-06-05, 23:34
Thanks guys for your concerns. I could say I feel fine but unfortunately Im still blipping.
Josie, i have my perfect job, i am very happy in it, if i was to cut my hours anymore due to this I would feel Id really failed. I only work school hours.i love it and am so greatful for it, hope you all ok, love Alexs

Karen
13-06-05, 02:12
Sorry you're still not feeling too good Alexis. Hang on in there. You will get past this. Am thinking of you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
13-06-05, 18:12
Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
Mind Games (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1789)
obsessive thoughts & anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3096)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

stimpy
14-06-05, 00:23
Sometimes we do feel as if we take 3 steps forward and then take 2 steps backwards.

I guess it is all part of the recovery process.

Hang in there hun, things will get better.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

alexis
15-06-05, 18:30
Thanks guys, although I feel better than I did on friday and saturday I still feel that Im not quite back to what I was, I feel this is quite a long blip, the last one was only a couple of days, maybe that is because Ive had quite a long "well" patch. i dont feel so weepy ,my heart still races, It doesnt worry me though, it just feels strange to be aware of it most of the time rather than just short timespans.My throat is "sticky" again but that is always the first sign.
I think I have a lot to think about, which maybe causing my anxiety. Just social things and I find those difficult and impossible sometimes. eg concert, holiday, meetup, weekend away. etc. Things a lot of other people would give their right hand for, take care, love Alexis,x