PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

lynne71
04-11-08, 13:20
hi my name is lynne i have suffered with anxiety for about eighteen months since my mother passed away who had lived with me for eighteen yrs i have been doctors and there only help is to give antidepressants which i dont think is the answer. most days i feel like im on another planet tired all the time and just want to feel normal again :scared15: thanks for listening lynne

samc100
04-11-08, 13:23
Hi Lynne.

Sorry you aren't feeling great but glad you found the site!!

There's a good section on here about other therapies that you might find interesting. I find Osteopathy and Acupuncture help me and also ensuring I have 'me' time which if I am lucky involves a nice hot bath in lavendar oil with a trashy mag for 30 mins. I also find walking helps keep me sane.

Have you got a support network to help you out? You must feel a huge gap since your mother passed away.

Hope to see you around lots xxxx

Paddington
04-11-08, 13:26
Hi Lynne hun:hugs: what a terrible loss for you hun..and it will take time to come to terms with..have you thought of bereavment councelling ??You really should go back to your drs and ask for more appropriate help !Drs can refer you for councelling etc and you could talk about the anti depressants and see if there is one that could work better ,to help you thru this period of grief..sending you big hugs Lynne..keep us posted:hugs: :hugs: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

anx mum
04-11-08, 14:07
Hi lynne im Bev do u get any physical symptoms with your anxiety. Sorry to hear about your mum. My mum died 3 years ago suddendly

lynne71
04-11-08, 18:54
hi bev yes i do get alot ov physical symptoms. Breathless,very panicky,and when i go out some times i have a weird feeling when im walking that i cant explain. hot flushes and just wish i could feel normal.I am on a very low dose ov propananol and have tried others but they made me feel worse i have two small children five and four so i cant feel like a zombie as my partner works twelve hours a day. thanks lynne.

anx mum
04-11-08, 18:57
Thanks for replying. I to have two small children 3 and 9 months finding things very hard. Im on diazpam which can make u drowsy.

mf
04-11-08, 19:50
Hello Lynne

Its not surprising that you feel anxious after losing your mum, having had her living with you eighteen years aswell, you must miss her very much.. Have you asked your doctor if you maybe could have some bereavement counselling, it may help a bit if you can talk to someone about how you feel.. Anti- deps are not always the answer for everyone but if you have anxiety/panic attacks then i take Lorazepam which is similar to Diazepam & i only take them when i am having a really bad attack and it just calms me down.. Take care