PDA

View Full Version : Sick to death with life

Tiktak
04-11-08, 13:54
I know I haven't been on here for long or had many posts but I just need to get this out, hope y'all don't mind.
So I am sick to death of life. Again.
I think I am going to go to the drs, but I've been putting it off cos I don't want to go back on the ADs, its looking like that might be my only option cos the one I want to take involves a lethal injection.
I just go crashing from one disaster to another to another thru my whole life and most of the time i don't seem to have any control about whats happening, I mean most stuff is not catastrophic, but I crashed my car 3 weeks ago, still haven't got it back (yes that one was my fault), my house seems to be falling down around my ears and I have no money to fix it, I just can't cope with everyday life, all the 'normal' stuff that happens to most people, its like I take it personally, someone is out to get me, for every good thing that happens, something bad happens to counteract it and make me feel like sh*t again.
Oh what is wrong with me? Why can't I cope?
Short of locking myself in a cupboard for the rest of my days I don't know how I can live another 40 or 50 years or even if I want to.
I hate my life and theres nothing I can do to change it enough that I would like it, sorry this is so depressing but no-one around me understands or cares.

marie1974
04-11-08, 14:00
hi matey, u r being far to hard on yourself and please do not worry, doctors is good idea and see if u can get some counselling, i had cbt for 5 months and it really helped me.

you need to learn to have confidence in yourself more and learn to relax, counselling will help with this, also it will help u too think differently about situations and not think so negative all the time.

hugs and u will get there matey, just get the support u need and build from there.

gtrgrl3369
04-11-08, 14:08
I am sorry you are not doing so well. There has got to be at least one shining star in your life. Try and focus on at least one positive. I know that when things happen they seem to keep piling on and there never looks to be any way out, but there is. You cant focus on what other people have going on in their lives because even though they look "normal" there could be stuff going on with them that you dont know about. When we get depressed even the small stuff seems to big to tackle. Try and tackle at least one thing a day or even a week to see if things can clear up. If you have been on meds before and they have worked, maybe its time again. Meds dont make you weak, they give you a fighting chance while your mind relaxes. I know how hard it is when you feel no one understands or cares, but is there at least one person you could talk to to get this all off your chest? Someone who knows you and maybe who could offer help or suggestions? Please dont give up, life is full of challenges and for everyone that you can tackle will make you stronger for it. Take care and try to look forward to at least one thing today.

june
04-11-08, 14:36
Hi,
When panic sets in so does fear and apprehension.
You wait for the next attack.Your body and mind are on RED alert.:ohmy:
I am sorry but there is no easy solution (I've had them for years).:weep:
This might sound horrid to you but I am only trying to hep:blush:
When you get up in the morning you obviously have a routine. once that first rush is over look around your house for the easiest job that needs to be done. If you look at it this way - A (mental) tick in the box for an achievment. look at your house work in this way and you will get into the habit of "not worrying" so much. It is very easy to stand in the middle of a room and just not see where to start and just give up, this makes you feel very sad.
You say no one around you cares? i do know how that feels. But we care on this site - best place to let off steam.
Honestly just slooooow down a bit then you can see the world in a better light
best wishes
June :hugs: :hugs:

Southern_Belle
04-11-08, 14:49
Sometimes it is the little things that can come crashing around us. They just keep piling up don't they? If anti-depressants helped you before and you are feeling like you did back then I personally see no reason to try them again. We all have setbacks and like gtrgirl stated you are not weak for taking them. It will just give you a good step to set you back on your feet again. You must tackle all these problems one by one and not all at one time or it will seem overwhelming. Also, try and do at least one thing for yourself each day be it reading a book, taking a bath or cooking something you like to eat. It doesn't have to cost much but treating yourself to something is good because you deserve it and it will lift your spirits. Also, getting some type of exercise each day will also help tremendously. I do hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura

sheena
04-11-08, 15:44
Hi June and Tictak.

I think June's advice is very good and I am going to follow it as like you Tictak I have a routine in the morning but recently every thing else has been piling up around me so I am going to write a list of things to do and even if I have just achieved to one thing off the list that will be good.

I hope you feel a bit better soon Tictak.

Sheena