PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS WHAT LIFES ALL ABOUT?

stacie.b
11-06-05, 12:31
Is this what lifes all about?
i cant remember the last time i was happy, what is happiness?
the suns shinning? its my nephews birthday party. my family is here. i'm going to magaluf tomorrow. i'm going to orlando for the 6th time in september. and all for what? to be unhappy and alone. i want to feel excited, i want to join in the fun, i want to appreciate the day. but i dont, i do try but it doesnt seem to be working. maybe its because i'm coming of my anti-depressants. who knows, and who cares.
sorry for the moan
stace

stace

tattybear
11-06-05, 12:39
Hiya Stacy,

Its hard to be positive when in your mind your thinking of so many reasons not too be.

Im sure many of us on here have felt like this but it WILL get better. Dont pressure yourself too much - take each day as it comes. Try and do a little more each day so you feel you have achieved somthing.

Was it your doctors idea to take you off the meds? How long have you been on them?

Tatty B xx

alexis
11-06-05, 13:48
Hi Stace, are you sure you are ready to come off your medication, perhaps you need to be on it a bit longer.Maybe you need to change them if they are not working you say you cant remember the last time you were happy.
i was on my first anti depressants for months, i felt like you but went around trying to convince myself i was happy because I was on medication for it,I had to be!!
Ive changed a few months back and was so much better. Im blipping at the moment again but i have been good.
Im sorry you feel bad. dont worry about moaning, its not moaning and anyway isnt that why we have this wonderful website? Take care. love Alexis,xx

alan74
11-06-05, 13:49
Apart from seeing my daughter every other weekend, I feel as if I don't have anything to live for. I feel completely hopeless, ugly, worthless, useless, small, insignificant and just totally inferior to everyone else 24/7. I get stressed and scared over the smallest thing, and I sometimes even find myself arguing with myself when I am totally stressed.
I have no personality anymore, and I feel as if all of my humanity has been stripped away from me. I just spend my time feeling hopless, pathetic and drowning in self-pity and bitterness at other people.

I just want to be happy and for people to like me and want to know me, but I can only dream of dying so that I don't have to feel like this anymore.

Karen
11-06-05, 18:00
Hi Stace

Sorry that you are feeling so low at the moment. I know I often question the point to life too when I am feeling so down that every day is just a repeat of the same unhappiness. However, people can and do recover from depression and you can too.

Does your doctor know you are feeling bad now you are coming off the medication? Are you having any counselling?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
11-06-05, 19:26
hi Stace,

It seems like you have a lot of things to be looking forward to. i know that you feel really down in the dumps at the moment but these feelings will slowly pass. You have to remember that this won't happen overnight so don't feel discouraged with yourself for not feeling ok all the time. All you can do is try your best to enjoy the things and people around you and hope for the best..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
11-06-05, 19:48
Perhaps getting in the lovely sun tomorrow will brighten your mood.

Have a fab holiday and hope it all goes ok. Wish I could come with you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"