PDA

View Full Version : common cold

crunchie01
05-11-08, 10:11
hi everyone,

im suffering slightly with the HA at moment im trying to keep it under control but it keeps shouting back at me.

i started with the sniffles on saturday night and then come sunday i got headaches,sneezes,tickly throat and mouth,runny/blocked up nose, i couldnt face food and i certainly couldnt drink tea lol,i feel a bit better in myself now i dont feel as ill but i still have the sniffles and a headache on and off, i know its only 4 days since it started,is it normal for it to last this long? i have read on internet it can last for upto 14 days, i just havent had such a bad cold for a long long time im just getting a bit worried, any reassurance please
:huh:

pinkpiglet
05-11-08, 10:21
Hi Jennie, we've all had this at our house. One by one we'v had cold. I had it, then my dad, then my fella, then i got it again (come on! I do have health anxiety!!), then eventually my little boy just had it. It's natural for anxiety sufferers to worry though, it's what we do. You start to think the worst and before you know it, you've turned it into the plague or something just as nasty. Try not to worry, and get yourself wrapped up in a nice fluffy blanket with a nice hot cocoa and a dvd. A bit of TLC is whats required.

LeeBee
05-11-08, 10:30
Jennie - there are probably about a million people in Britain suffering from exactly the same thing as you right now. It's just a cold. It will go away. Keep warm, lots of fluids, plenty of rest and stop stressing! A bad cold can easily last a week or two. You'll be fine. Now relax :).

marie1974
05-11-08, 10:35
hi jen, this year is particulary bad for colds, we cant get shot of them either, they last ages.

dont let your HA get better of u matey, remember wot your counsellor told u.

hugs matey