PDA

View Full Version : been again to drs

amandaj
05-11-08, 11:16
with this stupid suffocating , breathlessness , missed beat thing thats yet again kept me up all night , to be told its anxiety yet again ,i also have a cough and in my phlem has been small amounts of blood i was told its cos of coughing so much , she said my chest was clear so why the hell do i feel like im dying 24 hours a day :weep:

marie1974
05-11-08, 11:20
hi matey cant help u much with this but sending u hug and im thinking of u xxxx

anx mum
05-11-08, 11:20
Hi again do u feel like i do awful. Woke up with chest pain again really getting me down. Going to docs later.

Cathy V
05-11-08, 11:27
Hi amanda. Bad breathing and missed beats often come together. When we're anxious we overbreathe as you know and upset the balance of oxygen/dioxide, and this in turn affects the heart. Its nothing serious or sinister, but you need to learn how to breathe better, more deeply. Have you ever been given breathing exercises to do? put simply its usually a ratio of 7-11 (breath in for count of 7 and out slowly for a count of 11) this gives a better balance in the system.

Its horrible to fee you cant breathe properly, especially at night. Do you get this every day, or just now and again?

LeeBee
05-11-08, 11:27
So horrible to feel awful and not know why, isn't it. "Just anxiety" is easy to say, not easy to deal with...

Try to take some reassurance from the fact that your chest is basically clear and healthy. Did your doctor say that the anxiety is actually causing the cough? It couldn't be an allergy or anything like that? I think tense muscles in your chest might make you cough... I've pulled a muscle in my chest and it really hurts when I take a deep breath. It makes me have coughing fits. I think maybe I'm tensing my muscles because of the pain.

jodie
05-11-08, 11:39
hi amanda

sorry your not feeling so good

i do know how your feeling i get the same from time to time ,what cathy has said is spot on hun the two come hand in hand and i do think it is your anx,the more we think about how we breath and how we feel the worse it gets almost like we focus on it way to much

i hope you start to feel better real soon hun
:bighug1:

jodie xx

amandaj
05-11-08, 12:14
thabk you donna , bev,cathy ,leebee, jodie for the replies , i got it constantly atm all day and night which is why its scaring me more i think ,

take care all of you

amandaxx