PDA

View Full Version : Zimovane

Natural Mystic
05-11-08, 13:29
Anyone had any experience with this sleeping tablet. Doctor just gave me 5 and said to go back and see him in a week.

I guess I fear the gossip about these types of drugs being addictive, I have enough problems with my anxiety without becoming addicted to anything.

ade
05-11-08, 14:20
honey
zimovane has been the only sleeping tablet that worked for me.
the trick is not to just keep taking them,short term use is best,but even long term use neednt be a problem,my experience has only been good and this meds has given me years of sleep,i find them quite sedating but that was part of why i was given them,i am no expert but i have over 15 yrs experience of being on zimovane and i have recently returned to fulltime work
good luck i hope it brings some peace
love ade xx

MartyJD
05-11-08, 14:22
The doctor would not prescribe me sleeping tablets probably because of my age! wrong I think. I have suffered with sleep problems since the age of 16!

Natural Mystic
05-11-08, 14:37
honey
zimovane has been the only sleeping tablet that worked for me.
the trick is not to just keep taking them,short term use is best,but even long term use neednt be a problem,my experience has only been good and this meds has given me years of sleep,i find them quite sedating but that was part of why i was given them,i am no expert but i have over 15 yrs experience of being on zimovane and i have recently returned to fulltime work
good luck i hope it brings some peace
love ade xx
Thanks hon

He gave me them because I've now tried 3 types of SSRI and all have made me so ill that I refused to take another (after the first). I am on propranlol only and I do find that that eases my attacks, however that awful heavy feeling in my tummy wakes me up every hour or so therefore I haven't had a good sleep in weeks. I just don't want SSRI's, and actually I am scared of drugs and dependancy. I really want to get out of this with as little medication as possible.

He suggested that I have these sleeping tablets for 5 nights to get some sleep and then go back see him again.

Just one more question; do you have any nasty side effects of these zimovane

ade
05-11-08, 14:54
my only side effect is tiredness the next morning but as i have a 2mile round trip walk to take my girls to school and nursery,i wake up !!!!
meds is always a balancing act,each person reacts differently to a drug,
for me zimovane works well as a sleeping tablet,i wish i could but i cant promise it will be perfect for you,but i hope it can help xxx

Natural Mystic
05-11-08, 15:00
Thanks guys, I wish you well

PUGLETMUM
05-11-08, 15:17
:) yes, i took it for a year after my mum died - which is 16 years ago now. i came off it because i felt i wanted to stop depending on a tablet - i used it to shut off my grief, so it was only understandable that my mind would want to get on with the process once i felt it was 'safer'?

like others i had no effects, except hangover the next day, but that feeling didnt bother me then as i didnt work or have a child, so basically i could please myself, and it didnt matter if i was drowsy.