PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks..

Duke
05-11-08, 13:45
My name is Duke, I live in Gloucestershire, I suffer from Panic Attacks..sometimes by day, sometimes nocturnal...I can wake from a sleep apnea situation and go straight into one sometimes...other times I'm fine for weeks, my situation has occaisionally developed into Agoraphopia...though that's more when I'm run down and tired, or maybe just have a hangover from a good night before. I get the physical tight chest and tingling hands symptoms...and of course the fight or flight syndrome.

Apart from that, I'm fine and enjoy my work and life in general. nice to meet you all. :bighug1:

Duke
05-11-08, 14:18
Cheers for the welcome...I just hope I can contribute something...it's been a long and lonely road, nice to know there are other travellers on it to share with.

lorac
05-11-08, 14:19
Hi Duke

Welcome to the site, nice to meet you too. I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

MartyJD
05-11-08, 14:19
Hi Duke, welcome to the site I hope you can find the answers you are looking for! they are very nice on here and lots of support is available!

Duke
05-11-08, 14:21
Thanks again all....oh well, at least I can stress out in company...lol

DJ Trace
05-11-08, 14:49
Hi Duke,

Just Wanted To Wish You A Huge Welcome.

Look froward to getting to know you better and sharing the journey

Stay Safe and Well.
Love Trace Xx

Duke
05-11-08, 15:05
Likewise...(nice avatar by the way)

bottleblond
05-11-08, 15:58
Hey Duke

A big warm welcome to you.

Lisa
xx

Duke
05-11-08, 16:06
Phew...36 years I've stuggled...never knew there were so many people out there in the same boat...makes me feel all warm and not alone...cheers.

Cathy V
05-11-08, 16:09
Hi there Duke and welcome to nmp. Yes it can be a lonely road, and sometimes family and friends are not sure what to do with us, but most people seem to have very supportive other halves which is great, including mine. My anxiety and panics come and go, and moving to germany last year started it up all over again. Then i found nmp in may this year and found loads of support. Hope you do too.

Take care
Cathy xxx :welcome:

Duke
05-11-08, 16:15
Thanks...it's been so long now I mostly just 'deal with it'....though I don't say that when I'm whimpering in the dark. Who's a big bad Biker now then ? (not me, I squeek)

pooh
05-11-08, 17:39
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

sunshine-lady
05-11-08, 19:42
Hi and welcome to NMP

I am also new to here and have found everybody so helpful, chatroom is good too xxx

Natural Mystic
05-11-08, 19:44
My name is Duke, I live in Gloucestershire, I suffer from Panic Attacks..sometimes by day, sometimes nocturnal...I can wake from a sleep apnea situation and go straight into one sometimes...other times I'm fine for weeks, my situation has occaisionally developed into Agoraphopia...though that's more when I'm run down and tired, or maybe just have a hangover from a good night before. I get the physical tight chest and tingling hands symptoms...and of course the fight or flight syndrome.

Apart from that, I'm fine and enjoy my work and life in general. nice to meet you all. :bighug1:
Hi hon, sounds very much like me really. Ive had this lovely thing called anxiety since January of this year and I'm determined to fight it, not flight it haha

Welcome

Natural Mystic
05-11-08, 19:45
Phew...36 years I've stuggled...never knew there were so many people out there in the same boat...makes me feel all warm and not alone...cheers.
36 years!!

Cathy V
05-11-08, 20:36
...and 33 years for me! :ohmy: :)

Duke
05-11-08, 20:50
yep, lifes a beach..or something like that...

weeble40
06-11-08, 00:09
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx