PDA

View Full Version : Important research help

milly
05-11-08, 15:42
Hi all,
I am posting here as I hope the administrators of NMP will allow me to ask all of you for some help with a book I am planning. Here is my background: I have had health anxiety, anxiety attacks (with panic attacks) and agoraphobia for the last 16 months. During this time I have tried antidepressants, tranquillisers, beta blockers, GABA, L-Theanine, Valerian, Rhodiola, Passiflora and vitamins/minerals in a bid to help. I have also had CBT, EFT, hypnotherapy, acupuncture, counselling and have been to four different GPs. I have spent a fortune. I have read many, many self help books and would now like to put everything I have learned to some use. It is also a bid to draw a line under this period of my life in a positive way. My father has had panic disorder for over 30 years. I also have blood/needle phobia.
This is not the first time I have been through a period of bad anxiety. Fifteen years ago I spent a year on Valium and beta blockers and consequently could hardly finish a thought.
I am very committed to gathering information from those living with anxiety/panic and producing a book of real value and worth when it comes to successfully addressing the causes and effects. I want to ask one hundred subscribers to this website to answer a detailed questionnaire. I would e-mail you the questionnaire privately and you need not give your real name. I am so sure that this information, compiled accurately and correctly would greatly benefit others. I hope for a positive response from NMP and all of you. Many thanks,

Milly

Worrier
05-11-08, 16:55
Hi Milly,

I think that is a great idea and I would love to complete your questionnaire. You have my email.

Natalie

george08
05-11-08, 18:12
I Would like to take part please email me

Veronica H
05-11-08, 18:33
hi Milly

Is the questionnaire qualitative or quantative?

thanks
Veronica

Baby_Doll
05-11-08, 18:34
I'm happy to help hun, drop me a line :) xxx

milly
05-11-08, 18:39
Thanks to all who have replied so far, I hope to hear from even more of you and will be in touch shortly.
Veronica, it will be both.

honeybee3939
05-11-08, 19:06
Milly i dont mind helping out hun.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

positiveness
05-11-08, 19:14
I would be glad to get involved.

marie1974
05-11-08, 21:43
hi i am happy to help xx

JohnBliss
05-11-08, 21:45
Hi
I'll be only too happy to complete the questionnaire
Regards
John

moonlighta
05-11-08, 22:21
I'd be happy to help. Count me in. Please contact me. :D

pooh
05-11-08, 23:00
Hi Milly

you can email me through my profile

Pooh x

milly
05-11-08, 23:23
Thank you all so much for your replies, the more people involved the better. I will be in touch shortly. I really apprecaite hearing from people who are really in the know.

mandie
06-11-08, 00:20
Hi

I would be happy to help

mandie x

leo05
06-11-08, 03:13
am happy to help any way i can

tc
lea

berkshiregirl
06-11-08, 10:04
hi milly i would like to help too x

Veronica H
06-11-08, 17:38
:) thanks milly, happy to take part.

Veronica

suzy-sue
18-11-08, 20:09
would Like To Help ,please Email Me Sue

Cathy V
18-11-08, 23:15
So...anyone hear from Milly lately? Me being ever the pessimist, I do hope this research she is doing is genuine, and she hasnt sold all our email addresses on! Ive been getting lots of junk mail recently :D

Where are you milly?

Cathy xxx

ladybird64
18-11-08, 23:21
Hi Cathy

Although I didn't take part in this (too paranoid to give out my email addy:D ), I noticed that in her initial post, Milly was looking for 100 volunteers.
Maybe she's waiting for more offers?

Cathy V
18-11-08, 23:22
Wasn't there also a radio station DJ who was requesting the same information not so long ago...asking for email addresses so she could use our 'experiences' while she was setting up a new radio station or something. Sorry I can't remember her name now but we didn't hear back from that either. Or have I missed something :shrug: Apologies if I have...xxx

ladybird64
18-11-08, 23:25
Maybe this one?
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35765

Cathy V
18-11-08, 23:33
Thanks for that link ladybird but thats not the one. I think her username was actually DJ something, and it was only a few weeks ago and as far as i can make out she only posted once to ask us all to help her and give our email addresses to her, then i dont think she came back. Just sometimes I wonder if theres another reason is all.....xxx :D

ladybird64
18-11-08, 23:38
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38721

Now then Cathy, you're not getting cynical are you? :winks: :D

The trouble with these kinds of requests is that there is no guarantee that they are genuine, made even worse by the fact that they disappear off the face of the earth with personal email addies.
If they are genuine, it would be nice if they put in an appearance here, just to reassure the good folks of the forum that they haven't been duped.

Cathy V
18-11-08, 23:51
Cynical? me? Always haha! but thanks for your help ladybird, much appreciated xxx :flowers:

Chelle1
18-11-08, 23:55
I would be happy to help.x

milly
20-11-08, 09:13
Hi all,
No I have not forgotten about you all and I am not part of a scam involving e-mail addresses. I am just putting together the questionnaire and also hoping for a few more responses. Thanks to all who have agreed so far, I am genuine.

Many thanks