PDA

View Full Version : SYMPTOMS COMING OFF MED

MKAY
11-06-05, 17:40
can anyone tell me please if this is normal . this is the second time i have been on prozac ,the first time for 6 months and this time for 18 months . been off them this time for 5 weeks and after 2 weeks seemed to hit rock bottom again . feeling very dizzy and like electric shocks thro top half of body when moving eyes or head too quick . it doesnt happen all the time but really getting me down .could this be a reaction from coming off them too quickly or what . please help thanks in advance.

seh1980
11-06-05, 17:56
It's normal to feel unwell when coning off any meds. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll feel better soon..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

LisaD
11-06-05, 18:10
I haven't experienced coming off meds, but I have read many accounts of these sensations when withdrawing, particularly when coming off too quickly. Did you do a tapering reginmen to come off, or did you come off cold turkey?

Lisa

nomorepanic
11-06-05, 18:39
MKAY

I stopped Prozac cold turkey and just feel a bit worse for 2 weeks then never noticed any difference to how I was feeling when I was on them. I was on them for about 10 months I think.

They are generally one of the better meds in terms of stopping them.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

MKAY
11-06-05, 19:01
i tried to be smart i suppose and done it cold turkey . i didnt get side effects the first time but i was only on it 6 months . i think i have set myself back big time cause i have it in my head something serious is wrong with me and it is consuming my every thought . cant function very well and wanting to cry all the time .

nomorepanic
11-06-05, 20:00
Try reading these pages on the website for some help..

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

MKAY
12-06-05, 13:13
does anyone know if there is any contra indications to being on prozac long term ie years thanks

Piglet
12-06-05, 14:25
I didn't have too bad a time coming off prozac (had been on about 4 months) I did taper them off and the only negative symptom I remember were nightmares for a couple of weeks then I was ok.

love Piglet

Meg
13-06-05, 22:29
These head zaps are likely to be rebound withdrawal symptoms.

They will pass - weeks rather than days though..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...