PDA

View Full Version : Side effects of Propranolol

Hollytree
05-11-08, 23:05
I've been taking Propranolol, my doctor has said that it will help with my anxiety, however I feel a bit sick within an hour of taking them, I'm on a 10mg dose, taken 3 times a day. Has anyone else felt the same.

Cathy V
05-11-08, 23:18
Hi Holly, yes they can make you feel a bit sicky, and im on 80mg once a day. I must admit tho that when i was first given them the nausea was worse, but since taking the slow release pill once a day this feeling is not so bad now. How long you been on them?

Hollytree
05-11-08, 23:22
Hey thanks for the response, not long, just a week now. I didn't know for sure if it was me feeling sick, or a result of the medication. I will carry on with them and see how it goes. xx

Cathy V
05-11-08, 23:25
Yes unfortunately they can affect your stomach/digestion a bit but it does get less as time goes on. After i complained to my doc, he gave me something to take to settle my stomach and it works, so i dont get the nausea and bloating so much now...xxx :)

Hollytree
05-11-08, 23:31
Thanks its good to know, this is my doctors hopefull attempt to help my anxiety levels! For me days are long and sometimes nights are even longer. xx

Cathy V
05-11-08, 23:41
I know what you mean holly, but now that youve found this forum you wont be alone with your feelings, you can log on anytime day and night, theres usually someone around to talk to...:hugs: