PDA

View Full Version : I just had an attack

noonoo
06-11-08, 05:33
My first one since April, as some of you know that one was my first, this was my second.

I hate that i'm having to write about this again, I thought i'd moved on and started to get on with my life. Things are/were getting better. I've just got a new job, started belly dancing lessons which are so much fun, and I found out today that I won a competition for a handbag worth £65.00.

Whatever could be wrong now?!

I was going to bed rather late I admit, 3am this morning, I turned my light off and crawled into bed. I was okay and then started feeling shakey and couldn't get these thoughts (of wanting to harm someone or doing something horrible to someone) out of my head. I thought they'd go but they got worse so I sat up and turned the light back on, I sat back down on my bed and took some deep breaths, then walked around the room slowly and by then I knew I was having an attack. I am on 80mg once a day of Propranalol and have been since May and i'm not sure what to do now. I sat back on my bed and was almost sick but managed to calm myself enough to hold it back, then took more deep breaths but then eventually had to run to the toilet to be sick... twice!! It was horrible and I had tears coming down my face. After that I went to wake my parents up, my dad gave me a cuddle and I went back into my bedroom and chatted on the phone to my friend who was luckily still awake until 5am. I still feel really really on edge, unsure, confused and shaking.

Please, please reply if you can help me or give me some advice.
Thankyou so much if you read this.

xxx

noonoo
06-11-08, 09:59
:unsure:

LeeBee
06-11-08, 11:01
Hi noo

Sorry you had a lousy night. I think that anxiety takes a long time to work its way out of your system. After I had a severe (for me) bout of anxiety around July/August, I found that for weeks afterwards I would have 'lapses' when I would just suddenly get anxious out of the blue - trembling and rapid heartbeat are my main symptoms, and leg weakness, urgent need to go to the loo, dry mouth etc. I had to and cry in the loo and try to get a hold of myself sometimes too, hand hovering over my bottle of Ativan. The attacks have eased off but I fully expect to get them again from time to time in the future.

It's great that you've got your mum and your dad and your friends nearby to help you through this. Don't worry, ride through those horrible attacks and let them pass. Tomorrow will be better :).

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 11:09
It will pass hon, you aren't dying it's just your anxiety playing with you.

The thing with anxiety is that it can jump on you when you feel that you aren't actually stressing about anything.

Here's a ((hug)) from me (a sufferer since January)

noonoo
06-11-08, 11:23
Is it possible for Propranalol to lose it's effect? I feel like it has on me.

Thankyou for your replies xxx

noonoo
06-11-08, 22:10
I've felt shakey and sick all day it's horrible :lac:

bab
06-11-08, 22:41
hey noonoo
its just playing on your mind - do not give these thougths any attention - just let them come and go - you wont act on them its just anxiety - get yourself a book or a mag and if you feel panicky get stuck into reading about jordan and peter etc - take your mind away - try and get an earlier night as tiredness can make panic worse but thats all it is I promise - just anxious thoughts! xxx

binashubby
07-11-08, 09:59
Hello,
I am in a similar position. Had my first manic attack after many years in May this year. Finally fought my way out of it by late July/August, and was getting better by the day. Virtually back to Normal by September/October. The we arranged to have Sky+ fitted. The installation was a balls up, they have taken the money, we have no Sky+, the customer help seem to be anything but, I end up canceling all my Sky and hey presto, another huge panic/anxiety attack, in case things go wrong. Shakey and sick, just like noonoo, for three days now. I have letters ready to go to my MP, BBC Watchdog etc etc.
Am I letting things play on my mind too much, and if so, whats the answer ?

noonoo
08-11-08, 15:27
I managed it into work today after feeling on edge after the attack, and stayed. I only do part time Wednesday, Saturdays and Sundays. I just kept telling myself i'll be okay.

bab
08-11-08, 16:35
well done you xx

noonoo
15-11-08, 01:28
I had another one about an hour ago but it was a bit more mild than the last one. Still shakey and feeling sick though.

Since my last attack a week ago I have felt like i'm managing maybe, maybe a tiny bit better with them. I went straight back to work etc. I also went to a concert last Sunday and we were standing in the middle of the HUGE crowd, I felt anxious to get out at first but I told myself NO and stayed in the same place for the whole show, not looking behind me because I knew i'd get in a panic if I saw how many people I had standing behind me.