PDA

View Full Version : My ear is painful.....moer to worry about

Vinny
06-11-08, 10:58
Hi Everyone
Sorry to post again so soon after my previous one. I'm worrying so badly at the moment. I now have a sore ear (since Monday). I have a long standing fear of throat cancer and am getting myself worked up into a state of compelete panic :weep: . Some time ago I made the mistake of googling throat cancer and guess what? one of the symptoms is ear ache!! I also saw a thread on here that someone they knew had throat cancer and the only symptom they had was a painful ear!!! I'm a 52yr old female and smoked up until 18 months ago (wasn't a heavy smoker). I'm so pleased with myself for giving up but now worry that I will be punished for all the years I did smoke :weep: . Has anyone else had a painful ear that lasts a few days? Mine was really itchy before it got painful.

All this worry is getting me down, please could I have lots of reassurance x

Charlottie
06-11-08, 15:06
It's probably an ear infection if its been a few days, get to the doctor for some antibiotics.

House fan
06-11-08, 15:18
Vinny, you don't have throat cancer, you either have inflammation of the ear, or an infection as Charlottie has said. Google can be the worst tool ever for a person with anxiety, it's right up there with the 'family health encyclopedia'. Please please please stop worrying about it, go and see a doctor and get some antibiotics.

Hollytree
06-11-08, 16:21
Hey there, sorry your not feeling good. I've experienced the same sensation, my left ear for some reason gets itchy deep inside and I can't scratch it :( sometimes it's like i'm talking and it's echoey.
Have you been to the doctors and talked with them about it?

DizzyDi
06-11-08, 16:22
It sounds like inflammed eustachian tubes (I get this all the time, its so painful and the itchyness makes you wanna rip your ear off) it happens when you get a slight infection, or cold/virus its nothing to worry about Im sure it isnt cancer. Hope this helps : ) Try and stay positive and the painful ar im sure will go soon. *HUGS*

Vinny
07-11-08, 09:22
Thank you for your replies everyone, guess what......it doesn't hurt so much today :-)

Take Care x