PDA

View Full Version : do you feel like no on believes you?

janeybaby25
06-11-08, 12:20
Hi all, I have been ok for a while now & today I have been awake since 5 with chest pains, feel like someone is sat on my chest & now I keep getting stabbing pains in my left rib under my breast. I am really worried, I don't want to go to hosp or doc cos they always say same thing & tell me it's anxiety & I sometimes feel like I just get dismissed. I am so tired too & I have a class this afternoon. I called my Mum this morning & she was like, ah you will be right. Even though we are very close, I feel sometimes like the docs, she doesn't take me seriously. I have been ok for a while now & accepted my anxiety for what it is but when I have relapse like today I find it hard to accept it is just anixiety & not something more sinister and my mind runs away with what ifs all the time. Feel so sad. xxx

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 12:22
You do feel all alone and if your loved ones haven't experienced it they just can't understand it.

I hope you have a light at the end of this horrid tunnel hon :bighug1:

anx mum
06-11-08, 12:24
Feel exactly like u getting sharp pains in my chest and under my left breast. Doc keeps saying its anxiety and really dont belive them.

janeybaby25
06-11-08, 12:25
I know at the end of the day it is anx, 'cos I have had it on & off for the past yr & if they was owt serious I am sure I would have found out by now. It's just hard when it rears its ugly head again for no reason.

anx mum
06-11-08, 12:29
Had mine going on for over 2 months now and its really getting me down have u had any other symptoms?

janeybaby25
06-11-08, 12:33
I use to have loads anx mum but now, I don't get anxious very often.

anx mum
06-11-08, 12:34
Did u used to get breathing problems and pins and needles?

janeybaby25
06-11-08, 12:35
yes, you get the pins & needles tho cos you you not controling your breathing right. I have learnt to do this now. I also used to get dizziness & felt like I was on another planet half the tme.

anx mum
06-11-08, 12:37
Did u get pins and needles everywhere?

janeybaby25
06-11-08, 12:38
er kind of. I used to get in my hands mainly but sometimes felt like I had them all over my body

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 12:41
I know at the end of the day it is anx, 'cos I have had it on & off for the past yr & if they was owt serious I am sure I would have found out by now. It's just hard when it rears its ugly head again for no reason.
Good for you

I truly believe that accept this for what it is is a sure start on the recovery road.

janeybaby25
06-11-08, 12:42
yes I think this too mystic. Just horrible when you get the odd flare up!

janeybaby25
06-11-08, 16:15
can I just say, I felt so lousy this morning, but I made myself go out this aft & go to class & I felt sooooo much better once I got there! I would have felt horrible all day sat at home depressing myself but I am right chuffed with myself now!

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 16:17
Exactly what I mean

well done you :shades: :bighug1:

xx_x_sian_x_xx
09-11-08, 19:09
I've used the phrase 'WHY does no-one believe me?!' many times in the last 6 weeks, after seeing 3 different doctors and failing to find anything seriously wrong.

Along with 'but I don't feel anxious at all', 'anxiety is an effect, not a cause' and 'the only thing I'm anxious about is feeling ill and people saying it's anxiety'.

It's only now I've been reading some of the posts on here from people having the same symptoms that I'm starting to accept that maybe it is anxiety after all.

Am annoyed it ruined my perfect weekend last night though! It's weird that anxiety can crop up even when you are having an amazing time.

MacAodh
09-11-08, 19:36
Massive hug janeybaby. I'm sure you can handle it, you sound like you're a fighter! Acknowledging it for what it is and relapsing is so hard and draining, but you've come so far, you can deal with this x