PDA

View Full Version : Patient UK website

abi
06-11-08, 14:28
Hi all,
I am new to here. I have found a really useful website Patient UK which you can type in "health anxiety" as a search and it comes up with a really useful page to read through. It helped me, anyway!:yesyes:

Cathy V
06-11-08, 14:40
Hi marjorie, welcome to nmp. Thats a really useful website to know about, thanks. Hope you can also benefit from the information on here too....main menu of the left side of the page. Also I find talking to people with the same problems really helps, hope we can help you too.

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :welcome:

abi
06-11-08, 14:43
Thanks Cathy-I hope the website won't open up a new set of problems for people as obviously you can search and look up anything which as we know is often not helpful! As well as having health anxiety I am also a nurse so I hope I may be able to offer some help to others as I can rationalise other peoples worries and symptoms-but not my own!

Cathy V
06-11-08, 15:23
Yes we do have one or two nurses on nmp and im sure theyd agree with you on that one haha! you sound like a very kind lady anyway. We try to discourage 'googling' alot of health symptoms as yes it can have a very negative effect on peole with HA, but there are some really good websites out there too. Thanks for sharing your wisdom :flowers: xxx

Vinny
06-11-08, 15:33
Hi Marjorie
I have juts visited the web site you mentioned and it looks really helpful. I have printed it off and I'm definately going to use as a sourse of self help.

Many thanks x

berkshiregirl
06-11-08, 15:45
me too have printed it off thanks xx

abi
06-11-08, 16:14
great-I think the question/answer sections with the "Daisy" are really good! hope it helps!